husky bmw hybrid

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by sprocket74, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yeah there are about three circus threads there, goofy.

I agree on the 6 speed but make it a wider 6 speed. A TE250 with a 6 speed will only cruz 50 with woods gearing. We want low first and tall 6th, and space the rest to make sense.
  2. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I got the same vibe from the TT thread.

TT, same ole circus, different clowns.
  3. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1. I agree -- I'm an info junkie -- so I like to read whatever I can, but I get tired of the bickering.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yep, lots of damage control over there on any words that do not fit the picture being painted for the bike ... Around the clock, steady as she goes, damage control ....

Did the bike race this weekend?

PS -- I can really see you guys point on the top end speed ... I'm street riding mine alot and 50mph is winding the engine lots unless you do some radical sprocket gearing .... Traffic here is slow, so 40 is actually faster than most traffic ;)
  5. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm not going to worry about top speed any more. I met someone on the trail yesterday with a TE250 who said he thought the TE450 (which I have) was too much for trail riding. I agreed it probably is more than you actually need on the trail but I went for the 450 because I have to do a fair bit on the road to get to the trails and I thought the 450 engine would be less stressed doing that, especially as it would likely cope better with gearing it up if you wanted. He said that on the road he cruises his 250 on stock gearing at 60+, so I figure now I'd surely I'd be ok cruising my 450 at 70-80?
    :thinking: :smashpc:
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    At 60MPH, my TXC250 will be doing >8G RPMs .... I'm not gotta wring my bike out like that on the hardtop ...
  7. dcg141 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Offroad Champions is reporting that the BMW G450X is done at the end of the year and the focus will be on the Husqvarna hybrid. They quoted Harden and said there will be 2011 models in MX,XC and TE versions. This is the track BMW should have taken from day one IMO.
  8. aethelred Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. MartinP518 Husqvarna
    B Class

Personnaly, I chose a husky for 2010 because I really loved the design, and specially the bodywork and colouring. Call me silly but many bikes were close for me, and it came down to being different and having a bike I love looking at when I enter my garage.
    The BMW however, does nothing for me... If I buy one I'll swap a W style husky front number plate to it and front fender ;)
  10. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    [IMG]

Looks good but lacks some current husky colors..

[IMG]

I'd like to see this awesome version in some supermoto trim! I definitely see the transition from last generation of huskies to this one with some red, black, and white colors :thumbsup:
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yep and bmw Husqvarna Motorsport ain't my idea of a cool name :(
  12. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

With all the talk of this 2011 TC/TXC/TE 450, what is going to happen to the rest of the line? I realize the TC/TXC/TE 250's will stay the same with improvements, but what will happen to the TE 310 and TE 510?
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    TE310 will be replaced by a larger displacement variant of the TE/TXC250 (more than a big bore kit). TE510 will be the 480 version of the BMW motor raced in the E3 class in Europe.
  14. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

...starting with the next round of bikes that are due later this year, right?!?!
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep, all the models we purchased in the last few years are most likely in the rear view mirror :( ... thats fine as long as parts are still available..
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    that bike had a long run from 04 to now on the same basic platform / motor. (new frame in 08).
  17. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well y'all should be...While the current Husky engine is a workhorse it's overweight and vibey compared to most offerings currently out there.
    Next year that will not be the case and for offroad I'd say the smoothness of the new 450 motor will be a big hit.
    As far as the FI goes it's totally sorted from the get go,no need for thread after thread of what needs massaging tweaking etc..
  18. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    Update from Harden

The World Enduro round in Italy was spectacular. Great weather and a great venue made for a great weekend of racing. Meo was on fire as was Seb on Saturday. I attended an importers meeting and all I can say is that 2011 will be truly interesting. The engineers at Husqvarna have been operating at warp speed and besides the all new 450 and Open class bike there are a number of other new models and changes to the existing line that are impressive to say the least. Since I can't fill you in on all the details until the official release in July I can say that 2011 will be a break out year for Husqvarna.

I feel very fortunate to be associated with the company at this point in time and want to say thanks again to all the supporters who frequent this website. On July 10-11th we will be unveilingf the new bikes to our dealers at Mid-Ohio and Vintage Motorcycle Days. We hope as many of you as possible attend the event to see all the cool vintage Husqvarna's that will be on hand as well as some of the past legends and heroes.

I read through most of the posts since my last visit a few weeks ago. I see a lot of good input and hope that everyone keeps chiming in on suggestions and feedback on the bikes. A couple of points I would like to clear up. We have been fighting to get six speeds back on the two strokes for the last year and a half. We are making some headway but won't see it in 2011. There are a number of other changes and improvements so don't worry about the two strokes being left out. the all new 450/Open class models will be 5 speed throughout the range. Unless I missed something in a major way this is the case. I will say the gear ratios on the new 450/open are almost perfect.

2011 will be a break out year for Husqvarna.........count on it!

P.S.: I just watched Ty and Bobby race the the USGP this past weekend(while Nick was out winning a night race) and can honestly say I was never prouder of what Zip-Ty Racing has accomplished. Ty was a solid 5th overall in the Vet race against some very stiff competition and Bobby was Top 20 in the MX1GP againsts some very serious competition as we3ll. Most impressive about Bobby's ride was that he handled most all of the WORCS guys like Soule and Dietrich who were there.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :thumbsup::cheers::applause::D:ride:

Excellent post / news, thanks.
  20. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I look foward to seeing it at vintage days.
    In fact I look foward to it almost as much as T-boneing someone on a weirdo foward kicking Jawa on my 57th ISDE replica WR430.