husky bmw hybrid

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by sprocket74, Apr 24, 2010.

1. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now that I've seen the 2011 TE310 I must say that has my attention way more than the new 450.

I read somewhere where the 2011 310 engine weights 13 lbs less than the 2010 model. Would be interesting to know the weight of the new "450" engine compared to a hypothetical x-lite 450 engine.

Husky is headed in the right direction with some great new models.
  2. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    That's easy, the 2010 TE310 was built on the old platform and I would hope should be more then a 13lb difference from 2011 to 2010 TE310 respectively. Notice that marketing spin mentioned nothing about being lighter then the 2010 TE250 which is the XLite gen engine, only the 2010 TE310. Even with the new hubs and couple of other goodies I doubt there's more then 5lbs to loose on the 2010 XLite 250 platform.
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Bobby you should at least sound positive about the changes.:cheers:
  4. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    the new 2011 TE310 is good, 2011 TE450 also good, no comment on the back end issues ;)
  5. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    the new hubs are a worthy update. Any bike that can shed 12/13 pounds has made a huge difference.
  6. aethelred Husqvarna
    AA Class

According to the PDF data sheets the 2010 TE250 and the 2011 TE250 and TE310 are all the same weight at 106 Kg
  7. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Exactly my point, but I got called negative, lol :D

I just take issue when marketing spin is vague or over the top and then the bike is perceived as under-delivering when folks get the bike in their hands. Put the facts out there and leave no room for assumption and the product will live on it's own merit with "integrity"

Off my soap box now
  8. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    There is no marketing spin on the Te310. What in th hell are you talking about? Only the facts are presented.

Honestly Bobby for the life of me I will never understand what benefit you derive from continually casting negative comments about Husqvarna in a public forum like this. I realize I'm probably going to get blasted back now concerning all our failures as a distributor and a manufacturer, however I really don't care. You are pretty much doing this anyway so there is really nothing left to lose.

Do you really think this is helping your business? I'm absolutely dumbfounded.
  9. aethelred Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't think he was being negative. They must have been talking about the old Te250 but they did say 2010! Us punters are not all dull. We can work things out.
    I've been both negative and positive in the past. I think the new 310 will be a big seller. But I also believe the 450 is really mostly BMW with some oddball features that might prevent sales. Some types on here in the past have tried to tell me on that the engine is all new, when it clearly isn't. That does not help the brand (or the punters that are not dull)...

What I am really impressed about is how quick they have brought in modifications like bigger tank, Footpegs and other changes from feed back plus the 2 year warranty...

Now how much would it cost me to convert from 2010 Te250 to te310? I need the parts lists...:)
  10. aethelred Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's exactly what KTM have done to great advantage...
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I am unclear why people have any negative issues with a bike they have not seen. At least try not to judge bikes I've not seen or ridden. I certainly don't see any marketing spin.

Interesting idea.
  12. aethelred Husqvarna
    AA Class

As far as the new TE310 is concerned I think you can spin it as much as you want. I believe it to be a brilliant idea.

But the new 450. Well as I have already said. It is a BMW in many peoples eyes now matter how the spin works in Husqvarna's favour. This can be good or bad, whatever. The only judgement I have seen is on the oddball design features (which have all been tried before). These again might be good or bad. Time will tell. I just think it will be a hard bike to sell!
  13. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you sir!!! I'll just let you speak on my behalf from now on :busted:

Exactly, as Alex (aka arod) got from the wording is that the new 2011 TE310 is lighter then a 2010 (TE250 or TE310 it did not say, poor choice of words and this is not the first time I've heard this comment that this new 310 is lighter then the XLight 250, so it's not a unique assumption and whoever is doing the english proof should be more carefull with their words, little ommissions go a long way on an international level!!) I don't wish to imply that it was spinning with the intent to mislead, but accidental ommission is still not good as folks get an idea in their head and then disappointed when it's not truly the case.

Scot, unfortunately you're reaction here is the same polar sided mentality that HSQ NA seems to have in how they run their business, any critizism it receives an astonished response. You just don't like my association of over spin in marketing and understandably so, that's your dept and your conscious tells you I'm not wrong, but now I can't be your riding buddy holding the closet door shut for you because I say it like I see it,............for right or wrong. I'm not gonna go digging up evidence of this, it's already bottle caps in the garbage.
  14. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Back to the topic at hand

How can the new HSQ 450 be any lighter then the BMW G450X Scot? Perhaps you have some statistical info there? It's got more frame material and a linkage and separate fuel housing/pump which all means more weight in my mind over the G450X. I'm anxious to feel the difference for myself, but that's been puzzling me. Even the new hubs couldn't counteract the extra weight from those differences could they?

How's parts distribution going to be with the engine parts? I've been waiting for 6 weeks now on parts through BMW who is by far traditionally the best at parts supplies of any distributor I've had intimate dealings with yet I'm about to have to shoot somebody with having to wait so long on getting parts in prime riding season.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Guys, this horse pucky is getting real old. It is my hope that some of the posts put up in the last few hours gets changed.

There are several ways to communicate - phone, email, PMs, smoke signals, and some of you will be meeting in person in 2 weeks. There is no reason to be typing some of the things you are typing on this forum.

I do almost zero editing of peoples posts, that may change.
  16. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Have at it, wont hurt my feelings but others are not so thick skinned.
  17. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Boy you made an issue out of nothing :lol: ^that's^ not at allwhat I said. I went back and read my words, I think they are pretty clear. Sounds like something else is affecting your reading comprehension :D:lol:

I think you and Scot should have a "race-off" to settle whatever grudge is there. The Trials Training Center is having an "Enduro/Trials Championship" in October. It's an AMA race so there are some big names and it will be a great race. See ya'll there? :excuseme:.......I'll be there representing the brand. :thumbsup:
  18. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Speaking of which there is a very nice new 2009 WR250 sitting here at a very attractive price to boot, come make a nasty girl out of her before I make the move :cheers:

Then I'll let you hit up HSQ for the regional race support!
  19. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Found the source of the confusion over on that "other" HSQ site,

(Copy and pasted from TT)
    "TE310
    The new engine benefits from TE310 lighter than the 250 4 stroke category (22 kg.) Increased to 302.4 cc thanks to an increase in the bore and stroke of 82 hours X 57.35 mm.

The throttle body is the same as that fitted to the model TC250, Mikuni 45 mm in diameter.

The exhaust system is dedicated to the model 310 and like the other models have a new muffler heat shield.

TE310
    The bike than the previous version is much lighter (- 6 kg) and torque and power significantly better.

Otherwise the bike has the same characteristics of TE250, with the new reinforced frame, new hubs Grimeca, Kayaba front forks and mono 48-sachs, 8.5 liter fuel tank capacity, new handguards and new graphics."

Not sure if it's a bad translation or some folks read into things as they want, but I literally had 3 different individuals last week, one in particular wanting to pre-order with a down payment strictly on the premise the '11 TE310 was even lighter then the '10 TE250 because he read an official press release on the internet. He didn't believe me when I said there will not be a significant weight difference between '11 TE310 and '10 TE250 and that I wouldn't want to take his money under false pretenses which of course kept his money in his pocket or looking for someone else to tell him what he wanted to hear? I'm a terrible salesman I guess because he coulda cared less about any other selling point :banghead:
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It seems pretty simple to me.
    • The 2010 250s got lighter than the 2009 250s, the 2010 310s stayed as they were in 2009.
    • The 2011 310s got the newer frame & the 250 motor bored and stroked, and are much lighter than the 2010 310s.

Right?