How Big A Tank - FI TE610

Discussion in '610/630' started by Howard70, Dec 25, 2008.

1. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

el bumpo :D

200+ mile range
    250 would be great
    any more and you're running a super tanker.
  2. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Some one needs to check in with Aqualine and see where they are at. Thats a hint. :)
  3. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

Last week they told me, "Thanks for the feed back, it looks like the tank for the TE610 will be available towards the end of the year."
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now that is some bad news. Guess its time to convert an '08 bike to work with an '07 IMS tank...remote fuel pump. Plan B. :confused:
  5. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

Any guess on price? Aqualine's stuff is usually a bit spendy - but quality.
  6. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Any indication on the size? To me much more than 5 gallons will be awkward if not done particularly well. If your that far in the boonies you can always carry more......
  7. An-tonio Husqvarna
    B Class

One question ... the only difference between the FI model and the carburetor is the fuel pump? the IMS tank can be fitted smoothly into the chassis of the FI model ?

If the only difference is the fuel pump I think it's easy unplug fuel pump from original FI tank or look for another fuel pump an attach it in some place. Nobody tried this ?
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I don't understand why every FI bike I can think of has the pump in the tank. There must be a reason. If the fan was removed there would be a big hole to put a pump in. Someone here will chime in with the answer, I'm sure.
  9. knary Husqvarna
    B Class

The fuel acts as a lubricant and coolant. The pump is further from the heat of the engine. The pump is less likely to try to push the vapor as there are fewer opportunities for an external leak. And all of this means a cooler operating conditions, and less chance of the fuel boiling. Added together, there's MUCH less chance for fire. Fire is bad. :D
  10. From RV (as of this AM),

Thank you for your enquiry, because there is still a lot of design and development to be done on this tank I do not have a lot of information but it is looking like it will available towards the end of the year. Feel free to contact us again in a few months or keep an eye on our web site for updates. Regards, Nicole

The quintessential stall....
  11. BTW, this inquiry was for my carb'd '06 TE610.