Homemade Tail Tidy

Discussion in '610/630' started by ContraHusky, Sep 16, 2011.

1. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Yup! That's it..."high impact polystyrene." Similar to ABS plastic...

Don't know if TAP will mail something...looks like all their CA stores are in NorCal...you could call one from their website number and ask about a small piece being mailed. The stuff is cheap...the trick is finding a small piece, I guess.
  2. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Got the signals in and wired, realy low profile, shouldn't snag anything. I didn't realize our signals were incandecent..... these are LED so i'll probably add a resistor to slow them down. Will post pictures later...
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    Awesome, thanks!

What thickness is yours?
  5. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    Wow those blend in NIIIIIICCCEEEE !!
  6. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

1/8"
  7. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    +1 That does look pretty slick. Nice find RDTCU! Though I sure as hell couldn't get away with where he put his plate.
  8. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    In my defense, my plate is plainly visible from behind at car-eye level... but i don't have a plate light.
  9. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
  10. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

11. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

That Kydex stuff should work, too.
  12. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    I'm interested in the resistor needed to slow down the LED flashing rate. Would a resistor have to be placed in series with each rear LED turn signal? What value resistor?
  13. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Yes, not sure of the value, but should be about equal to whatever the difference is in resistance between the LED light and the original. Use a multimeter, measure the original resistance then measure the LED resistance. The difference is roughly the required resistance for an identical blink rate. Blinker resistors are abundant on Ebay, or wire your own from Radio Shack.
    There are a few options out there for adjustable-rate blinker relays, but I haven't found any to fit the Husky socket...
    Another option is to disassemble the factory blinker relay and replace the resistor with a pot of higher resistance, that way you can adjust the blink rate yourself.
  14. kingmoochr Husqvarna
    B Class

You can also change the flasher relay to an electronic one, it doesn't use bulb resistance to regulate blink rate, there is a small circuit board within.
  15. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    True, but the blinker relay on huskys isn't your typical 2-blade auto type...
  16. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    Yup, they're the store I called. $76 for a 4' x 8' sheet that is 1/8" thick :(
  17. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

18. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    Has anybody tried these on the front? It would be cool to have those front and back....
  19. rocko Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS
    Other Motorcycles:
    SV650
    And how did you get that stupid "this passes Canadian spark blah blah blah" sticker off that is right above the husky sticker? If I try and peel it off it just breaks off tiny piece by tiny piece at a time. I saw another 630 that was in for service at the dealer and I could see the owner of that bike had also given up in frustration due to his half chipped off sticker :banghead:
  20. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I looked and thought about it, you would need a stalk light or some sort of spacer to get it out past the headlight fairing. Also, you would need more 2.2 ohm resistors, I still haven't done my rears to slow them down.