Hey 2 wheelers, you got 4 legged pals?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Dirtdame, Sep 2, 2009.

1. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
  2. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    Limousin tastes really good.
    hillbilly likes this.
  3. Harbinger Hróðvitnir

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Nuda 900 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell
    Tia, 6 months old Jack Russel Terrier.

28.03.2013 014.JPG
    hillbilly and Coffee like this.
  4. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Found this thread, reviving it image.jpg
    Dirtdame likes this.
  5. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    At the dune house it was cold wife thought it would help image.jpg
    Dirtdame likes this.
  6. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Here's my mutt Jake. He's 5 now. Part Great Pyrenees and lab. Very serious character is the best way I can describe him. 85 pounds of fearlessness. If your not familiar with the Pyrenees mountain dogs, they are quite agile for their size and absolutely fearless. Very watchful fellow he is. Probably the smartest dog I've ever had. Makes my golden retriever look like knucklehead. Good dog, just not a lover like the golden was.
    [IMG]
    sabortooth and Dirtdame like this.
  7. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    FOT3ABB.jpg
    oliver and sam, a bichon frise and a maltese..we have one more a mini poodle anna but shes usually hiding with the wife. weird that all 3 have very different personalities, as they are 3 different breeds but most just see them as 3 white dogs.
    313.JPG
    sam and oliver
    315.JPG
    anna the mini poodle...shes alot bigger now with adult fur...
    Dirtdame likes this.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    No animal owner currently but I'll be needing a watch dog if I ever get out into the countryside for living ... Always like dogs, ESP hunting dogs as I get up around them. Watching dogs just be dogs is pretty cool lots of times ... They are pretty straightup mostly.

Here is a little video I made here ... Before the camera was rolling, all those dogs were barking like crazy .. They were looking up the road and out of town as this was sort of the town boundary ... Anyway, what I think was happening was a stray dog was trying to enter town and the city-dogs wanted no part of it ... It was dog day bark-off and no real dog fight, this time... By the time I got the camera running, all that was left was a single bark from ~#1 ... That's ok as the camera was kept running and I got a little walk-around action and a big dog scratch at the end.

View: http://youtu.be/lwrG4_ZpFbQ

If you notice, the first frame shows that dog with all 4 paws in line ... looks really weird.
  9. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I bass fish and in the forest wild areas I find abandoned kittens. I take the litter home and adopt them. I took in three feral black kittens that fit in the palm of my hand. They were on deaths door with the heads slumped over on my arm. I opened a can of tuna in water and hand fed them a little at a time. They just about had the strength to chew. I wasn't going to let them die on my watch. Now I tamed them to the point if you come over a lot they will be friendly to you. But outside there tigers killing everything from crows in my corn, snakes, mice, moles, squirrels etc. They keep my hobby farm clean of varmints. I just took in two more kittens. There both males. The black cats accepted them as family too. Keeping two or more from the same litter makes a happier cat. Plus there fun to watch when they play. We took in two yellow lab pups too. My son has one at his house. There happy to see each other.

The kittens drew there first blood. Living in the country we do get mice but they don't live long. The two kittens had a little field mouse upside down while there both sitting looking at it. The wife thought it was a toy till it's toes moved. Then she went screaming.
    I just lol. The kittens are mousers already. They catch them in the basement. It's awesome that they earn there keep.

The dog is on watch 24/7 nothing comes in the yard. He went up to a 400lb black bear that was eating my fruit trees. It's shocking to see a bear in my yard.

The other night we had a opossum in my breezeway. It ran in the snow when it seen the dog and played opossum. (Played dead) again the wife's screaming scaring the opossum more. A few minutes of quiet with us inside it wandered off. I need to get a video of the misses I could win easy 10k on that video show.

Adopt a pet soon it could change your life.
  10. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    Somebody needs a haircut ...

IMG_2046.jpg
    TemecuCoastie, Dirtdame and reveille like this.
  11. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    PA230200.JPG
    I cant resist showing my mountain fiest Clara Barton looking for squirrels.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sure he's not looking for bear? SE AR had some black ones east of the Mississippi River levee but that was over 2 decades ago.
  13. Pepper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 te 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 660 grizzly
  14. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    image.jpg
    I adopted this Mountain Cur about a year ago. She is by far the best dog and the most hunting/killing machine I've ever seen
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    So where and what does that Mountain Cur hunt?
  16. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I want to get another dog since my rottie passed away. Part of my heart went with her.
  17. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Duke was a good trail dog while mountain biking. 8-10 miles a day up and over Burdoin Mountain in the Gorge until he was poisoned :( He knew how to wipe his feet at home but when being chased by a cow on the trail turned into a real chicken. Tried to adopt another but not the same and today I'm just not going to be bagging and transporting poop.

duke002.jpg
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    She hunts pretty much everything. That I know of she has killed 2 deer several raccoons countless moles, rabbits, groundhogs, squirrels and birds. They have no quit and no regard for their own safety when on the trail they are silent and fast. She has stayed on treed coons for over 4 hours until I made my way to the tree. They are a mix of early European settlers dogs and Native American dogs. Once for three weeks she came home only to eat with cuts on her face and covered in mud and then would leave for the day and night until she came home with a dead groundhog... Mission accomplished Lol. She is friendly toward people and good around other dogs but if you are a varmit, bird or critter you are going to have a bad day.
    Ken Hynes and sabortooth like this.
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    image.jpg
    The golden retriever lab mix likes to hang with her to get credit for the kill or help eat it.

We live in central Missouri
    Ken Hynes and TemecuCoastie like this.
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I've heard those are really good dogs.