Help! Debris found in my engine - 610/630 clutch issues

Discussion in '610/630' started by Rough Rider, Feb 9, 2011.

1. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    On the other hand I have made a research.

In this page you can order SWM spare parts.

http://www.evolutionbike.it/swmstore/index.php/oem-parts.html

Superdual Piece numbre 26 costs only....

26 8000H2945 GEAR, DRIVEN ASSY 190,00

This piece in RS650R is the piece number 53, and it costs just double (And, what a pity, is not the same reference... )

53 8000H2946 GEAR, DRIVEN T16/75 380,00

What do you think, folks?
  2. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Sorry...I didn't know what a 'super dual' was. I gather that's the new SWM bike. Got it.
    I would try a KTM dealer, or one of the big husky dealers - there was one in NJ, OR, and CA. I can't remember the names cuz I'm old. :)
  3. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    This from RS650R spare part catalog:

Embrague RS650.jpg Embrague RS650-1.jpg Embrague RS650-2.jpg
  4. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F

Yes, Superdual in theory has the same engine that TE630... same that RS650R

SWM-ambience-012-copia.jpg SWM-RS650R-FIRST-LOOK-10 (1000x667).jpg
  5. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    As you know, SuperDual bike is the "outstanding" bike from SWM. As you all know it is based on TE630 bike. And as you all would probably know, SWM engineers have improve some things regarding yo TE630 model: Subchasis has been reinforced, air box has been improved, ECU has been improved... But, What about the clutch? I was curious to discover if something has been changed and that's why I ordered the main part of the clutch . Take a look to the pics: the same clutch as TE630.

To improve cup washers to SWM would cost them nothing... far less that to improve the subchasis and the air box, for example (among other things, as Superdual model has a lot of different pieces compared to TE630). So, why do you think they keep the old cup washers (as for sure they know all about this thread)?

If I were Rotax (sorry man, you're the only Italian I know in this foro), I would visit SWM headquarters and would give them the link to this "Iternational thread" and would "beg them" for an answer. I would even try to contact Ampelio Machi or the "engineer department"... for an answer. And I would insist till I would get the answer. I think that WE ALL DESERVE AN ANSWER FROM HUSQVARNA (SWM) TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT

Superdual 1.jpg Superdual 2.jpg
  6. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah makes no sense whatsoever. I am astounded. They also fitted a cush drive so maybe a bit less wear but still.
  7. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    In my opinión there are two easy questions to ask to SWM (Husqvarna) technical department:

1.- Which is (are) the reason why so many cup washers has broken?
    2.- Why don’t you make them a little bit thicker?

As we are enthusiatic followers of this brand, I think Ampelio Machi should answer these questions... We deserve an answer.
  8. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    In my opinion, the reason why they have not changed anything and that SuperDual has a cush drive in the rear wheel (such as the AJP PR7) that greatly reduces the clutch cush drive wear. I feel more stupid do not provide the SWM RS650R or SuperDual workshops from this clutch equality.....

I'm very happy happy that we have so many cheap spare parts via the swm network
  9. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Hi Rotax. Sorry I don't understand your phrase " I feel more stupid do not provide the SWM RS650R or SuperDual workshops from this clutch equality...."

On the other hand, to design a cush hub is BY FAR more expensive that to change a "tiny cup -washers". Even if the cush hub improve the whole sistem... why not to improve it more and change the cup-washers?

I promise: if I were Italian, someway I would contact SWM's technical department in orther to get an answer for the questions above. IMO, this is a question than can only be made by a native Italian... you know, only Italians can speak in a 100% open way with another Italian.
  10. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    May be given them a call or sending a mail. But it has to be in Italian language. Ampelio Machi (or the SWM engineer team) shoud give us an answer in this thread. They should have the courage to do it. If they want us to trust on them... they should be open and give us an explanation :)

SWM:
    Tel.: +39 0332 769911
    Fax: +39 0332 769958
    Email: info@swm-motorcycles.it
  11. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    but is this your idea? I do not understand what you mean. in any way you ask a question to swm they will understand you. if they do not answer you, they obviously have nothing to say
    Ampelio Macchi
    Macchi with two "c"...
  12. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I have emailed both SWM and AJP about this with links to this very thread. All I got in reply was a thank you from SWM and that AJP trust their motor provider, SWM. I have also spoke of it in the open on both of their Facebook pages.

Anyone/everyone should do the same. Be sure to include CCM in the loop now as they are sourcing the SWM grenade motor.
  13. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    What did SWM do to improve the airbox?
  14. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    mjskier likes this.
  15. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    I've just emailed this:

Dear Sir

As a member of "CafeHusly" and as an Enthusiastic follower of Huskvarna Italy motorcycles I would like to ask you a technical question.

We all know that SWM Superdual bike share a lot of engine pieces with Husqvarna TE 630. For example, the "assieme ingranaggio condotto .. gear driven assy" (article number 8000H2945) is the same. In fact, I've bought it to a Spanish SWM dealer and I have installed it in my TE630 with 100% succes.

Regarding to this clutch part, I'd apreciate that you read this thread as in my opinion it concerns to Superdual reliability:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/help-debris-found-in-my-engine-610-630-clutch-issues.16604/page-20

As you can read, a lot of "cup washers" has broken in a lot of bikes (both, TE 610 and TE630)

So, at Husky Cafe we all wonder :

-If Superdual takes the same risk because the cup washers looks like the TE630 ones (same dimensions)
    -Which is the reason why so many cup washers has broken in the past?
    -Why SWM engeneer department don't make them a little bit thicker?

I'm (as well as a lot of TE630 owners) looking forward to read your answer. I have included this question in Cafe Husky thread, page 20. We would really apreciatte if your technical department answer the question directly in this thread.

Best regards
  16. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    ^ motranqui,

Good on you, we need more people taking the time to email SWM!

BUT...PLEASE be sure to also send this or any other emails regarding this issue to AJP and CCM, and any other user of this motor.

Hit them on all fronts, emails, public Facebook, etc!!! MAKE SWM open their eyes and ears and fix this!!!
  17. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

A reply from AJS to the importer here in SA regarding the cup-washer issue:

There was a concern with the TE630 regarding this subject, although this problem wasn't reported in any motorcycle sold from us or we don't receive any report/concern from SWM regarding this subject.
    We've motorcycle across the world with 40-80 thousand miles, and other that we don't have any knowledge, riding without any problem in the clutch basket.
    With the best regards,
    Telmo Castro
  18. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Here SWM's answer to my email:

Hello ,
    thank you for the request.
    Some SWM spare parts are compatible with the old HqV models.
    The SWM motorcycles are new generation motorcycles and all the components have been studies and tested.
    SWM components and spare part are fine for the SWM Motorcycles models.

Thanks
    SWM Motorcycles

I have installed SWM 's cush basket in my bike. So far I have ride 2.000 km with it. Time will tell if "all the components have been studies and tested." :cool:
  19. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Q: What's ignorance and apathy?
    A: I dunno and I don't care.:D

If it's the same clutch basket then just know that they will not be doing anything about it. You can bank on it.
  20. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Just curious, has there been any reported clutch issues with the SWM 650?

The SWM 650 has been out for about 3 years now, in various model designations, so I would assume if there was a weakness it would have appeared by now, wouldn't it?