1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Heed the WR 125 "performance upgrade" lest this happen to YOU!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by krieg, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Husqvarna125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE250, 2015 TE200, 1984 WR 400
    WOW! I didn't realize it was that bad. Having switched the carb you definitely eliminated that as the cause. The only other possible componets are the valves, the ignition and possibly the pipe (although the pipe seems like a stretch). What gets me is how it made it to production like this. I hope you get some answers and parts very soon :(
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    me too. :banghead:
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The one thing is strange to me with this flat middle is, it seems like not all bikes are falling on there face like yours is. We had production #002 which my dealer had for a short time over the winter. This is the bike that I gave my first impression on and said that with the weather and new carb we were chasing jetting all over the place. A friend of mine purchased 125 #007 and does not seem to be as temperamental as the #002. It is hard to say for sure though as my dealer ended up selling it to a customer long before this parts replacement was known about. This does you no good I know but I am curious if it is a problem where they are cut wrong or opening up too soon or what.
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just re-read your jetting thread and can see where you must be tired of pushing those C-clips on those needles. I really thought they would have had the solution on this right away and would have only been a bump in the road. I have been there and feel your pain.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Yes you have and yes you do.

I would have never bought a Husqvarna to begin with without your write ups on TT.
  6. huskysRfun Husqvarna
    B Class

Kelly is the reson I just joined and am thinking about a new husky. I called him about a damper for my KTM a few month back, found out he is local and I think we even cross paths once at a local right area. Anyway he was going on and on about how he loves his 125 (an older one) and was going to get an 09. I am interested in the 09 WR125 as well. I have a WR360 that does not get ridden much as I have a 08 KTM 450 but that 360 has been a rock. Friends beat it relentlessly. Anyway I hope this power valve thing gets sorted ASAP or I'll be getting as KTM 144. With the 1000 off I'd really like to try the husky. I Emailed Kelly a week of so ago and he said I could ride his when it is ready then I will know if it is for me or not.
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Have you spent any time at KTM Talk's 2 stroke forum? The 144 motor has had a disproportionate number of piston/cylinder failures. We raced an '08 144 most of the season last year and managed to make it to the fall without ours grenading. Many others weren't so lucky. I recently visited KTM Talk to see how the '09 150's are holding up and have seen a post or two indicating that the 150's may have similar issues.

KTM's "quality" is one of the main reasons I'm riding Husky's now.
  8. huskysRfun Husqvarna
    B Class

hmmm, did not know that, thanks.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

KTM 150 is the old 144.......just called it 150 to differentiate between 09 and prevoius
    Common orange naming convention tactic