1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Heed the WR 125 "performance upgrade" lest this happen to YOU!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by krieg, Apr 27, 2009.

1. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Most of you know I've been paying attention to all the poop about the '09 WR 125 upgrade to see if it applies to my '09 CR 125. So far there's nothing from Husky or dealers admitting that the CR is affected.

Well I'm here to prove that if the CR isn't covered by the "recall", it SHOULD be!

Our '09 CR's upper engine mount bracket after about 5 hours of practice and 2 races:

[IMG]

The rear suspension bottle after the same:

[IMG]

Our engine seems to be doing OK however. After this weekend's race, it was apparent that the Husky was one of the strongest 125's on the track. I've been able to mitigate the mid-range flat spot by raising the needle a clip.

At this time, Husky isn't providing CR owners any warranty support for the engine mounts or the pipe rub or the exhaust valve issue like the WR owners are getting. That pisses me off quite frankly. I sing Husky praises to at least 5 or 6 people at each practice session and race who seek us out and walk to our pit specifically to ask about the bike. I'm still high on this bike, but Husky needs to extend the same consideration to CR owners like us who are on the front lines advertising for free weekend after weekend!
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm sure Husky will make the CR125's right.:thumbsup:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Unfortunately my mid range hole is unfixable by jetting changes, carb changes, slide changes etc. I have tried everything. 99% sure it is the power valve.

all true. We all LOVE our machines and are the best sales front they have. That said the WR owners are not getting anything ether as the kit is unobtainable at this point. Its a shame as this is a fantastic bike and I have people lining up to try it.
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Me too Norman. I'm just a bit frustrated right now. We're slap in the middle of race season and the kid is really doing well on the Husky... so well in fact that we have YZ and KX owners coming up to us asking what we've done to the CR to make it so fast. A lot of people we talk to don't even know Husqvarna still makes motorcycles! On Saturday, in a practice heat, Cody was running with 250F's and holding his own. After the practice, 2 KTM 250SXF riders came over to our pit to ask about the little Husky. One of the KTM guys was several seconds behind our Husky for the entire practice heat.

I LOVE this little smoker. I just want it to be 100%.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Originally in early March when word came down on some WR125 "issues", they were going to deal with them on a bike by bike basis. Now its a blanket upgrade for all WR125's. It's possible Husky has a CR125 plan taking shape. Talk to your dealer soon.

Kelly.... What does Jeff Tasky have to say?
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    There are no kits to order. My bike unfortunately will remain parked until there is a resolution. Sux as as was all stoked for the new bike experience. Chit happens, life goes on.
  8. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I kinda figured something was up..when Rasputin mentioned the head stay brackets....I parked my bike just in case....he did say they would break eventually

the change up brackets are curved more... to allow more "give"

I am lucky as I have two other bikes to ride.....

Just guessing but...I suspect the power valve update does not apply to the CR....

The bracket update and pipe.....YES :thumbsdown:

I was lucky my dealer didnt waste anytime informing me of this issue....but husky should have advised those to not ride until this was solved....

Keep the faith up guys.........it could be far worse

I remember a best left unnamed japanese manufacturer 450's had piston pins fail exactly at 10 hrs......and blamed riders coming off 2 t's from revving them too high..until so many came back they couldnt ignore it....or suzuki's crankcase failures last year.......lots of heated exchanges at the service dept I'm sure
  9. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Or my reasons for coming to Husky... NO... RUNNING to Husky from the Pumpkin patch: A brand new 144 SX with grenading pistons and a brand new 250 SXF recalled within the first week of ownership for disintegrating connecting rods! UGH. We raced the 144 the second half of last season and said a prayer before every heat to ask the Gods to not let the piston fry. We ended up being one of the lucky ones. I was able to trade the 144 and the 250 (after the recalled rod was installed).

My experiences with Husky have been wonderful by comparison and I plan to stay around despite this minor issue with our CR 125.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm completely disappointed I have a brand new and most beautiful bike staring at me yelling ride the crap out of me and I'll be on a 95 ATK 406 for the next 3 weeks or so. :banghead: I do understand and this is my 6th new husky. As all of you know I freaking LOVE the brand, chit happens. :cheers:
  11. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I think I'll take mine apart...put it back it the box...
    And forget about it...Out of site ,Out of mind.:D
    Then when the new parts come in...
    Wha whooo !!!I'll have a brand new WR-125.

I might even take pictures.:busted:

:lol::lol::lol:
  12. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just bent the offending pipe bracket a smigden so the pipe doesn't rub the shock body.As far the engine bracket goes I'll keep riding it till either an upgraded part comes in or it cracks.Whichever comes first I suppose.
    Otherwise all is well & richening the needle cured the flat spot so all is well performance wise. :cheers:
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    My bike had the pipe right against the reservoir, so we bent the tab so pipe wouldn't hit. Fran Bottone pointed out that head stay is going to be more of a problem on CR that is getting MX'd seriously. I'm going to keep riding mine (when I get it back from P3) until the parts come in.
  14. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    The area where the brackets are cracking is also in an area where the modern phrase "controlled flex" comes in to play....engineers looking for ways to improve the feel by allowing a certain amount of flex in the backbone/steering head area....however the brackets(rigid) look similar to the ones of past huskys...wonder if they are just a bit too rigid..????

looking at the new brackets...they look like mild steel curved to allow some movement..

It would not be to difficult to have some made up interim...at least for the time being

just a thought though....
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

would loosening or removing 1 of the 2 top bracket bolts as an interim work? It would allow some flex rather than the break. You just have to mind and check the snugness of the 1 in the meantime as well as check for cracks. Should be viable for the woods guys as they are not launching off huge doubles and impacting huge G-outs also.

Just a thought

Joe
  16. TakeTheRedPill Husqvarna
    B Class

Ask your dealer about B009 Service Bulletin, BIKE UPGRADE WR 125 E3 MY09. It's got a pipe offset fix and new engine mounting brackets besides other things.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

that was posted on this site a few weeks ago unfortunately the kit is unobtainable at this point. Sux. :banghead:
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So this weekend I missed a great enduro while my new bike sat in the garage. Today my dealer has heard nothing from husky and my Emails go unanswered. It's a shame. Bought a brand new bike and missing out on great rides I bought the bike for. Pretty disappointed. Got some great ride opportunities coming up the next few weeks and one huge one coming up in two weeks for memorial day, camping / riding. Hope to hear something.

Anyone out there doing anything about this husky? :excuseme:

- bought 6 new huskys in 4 years and sold MANY through letting people ride my bike and talking about them. Some support / answers would be nice.

Frustrated in Washington
  19. Husqvarna125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE250, 2015 TE200, 1984 WR 400
    If I were you I would ride the bike. In re-reading the original dealer note (at least the one posted here) it said nothing about parking the bike until all parts are replaced. It even said parts would show up in staggered shippments. It looks like it's up to the dealers to put the parts order in. It doesn't refer to or read like it's a kit the dealers will get. At least that's the way I read it in the original post. The bike is too much fun to be parked. I'm sure Husky would stand behind it if it breaks.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You hove not followed my jetting thread. The bike is unridable as is. It has a huge hole in the mid range power making it nearly impossible to ride. On flat ground in 1-3 gear you can kinda ride it, trying to ride it on any sort of up hill where you need to shift up it falls on it;'s face and nearly hucks you over the bars. After 10 needles, countless jets and three carbs it is not a jetting issue. I just came off a 04 CR125 husky and know how it should run. The power valve or something is VERY wrong with this bike. I have a BRAND NEW bike with a motor that is unridable. This flat SUX! I am the biggest husky enthusiast but this has really upset me. I'm trying unsuccessfully to bite my tongue. I rode the 09 CR125 at Taskys demo day, it ripped and I bought a 09 WR125 on the spot thinking the motor would be similar, I'm sure it will when it is running right. Missing out on rides (I ride a lot) with a brand new bike in the garage is not sitting well with me. I would like some answers. I've done a lot for husky, i deserve it.

if you care to read about the time and frustrations i have had to this point it is here...

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2842