Heads Up On Televised Racing

Discussion in 'Racing' started by lankydoug, Aug 10, 2011.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I have a suggestion. How about running a thread to notify us race fans when a televised event is coming up. I try not to miss Motocross or Endurocross when it is on but sometimes I have trouble finding the right channel or network before the race starts. For example someone posted a link to Endurocross that said it would be televised on ESPN2 and other networks but when I checked my guide I couldn't find it anywhere. If anyone posted an up coming event all we would have to do is notice it on the new threads and tune in.

Would anyone be in favor of this?
  2. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

iirc they botched the endurocross showing with some tennis bs on espn2, you had to switch to espn classic to watch the first part of it....as far as watchin the mx races all i can say is you better have more than a basic cable/satalite package to tune in. i was informed by one of the kind folks on here that altidtude has the international mx on there so i had to upgrade my satalite package to get it :banghead: as if i wasnt already payin enough. so from my experiance fuel tv and altitude have the most mx racing on it with the espn's and speed commin up behind them.
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds good to me, I seem to never be able to catch the endurocross anymore. Verizon fios hosed me on MAV TV now so I now don't get that channel. Shows up missing and I call to find they moved me up 1 tier but moved MAV to A even higher tier, Thanks FIos...I really need that extra NFL Channel.
  4. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I
    So that's where enduro cross went. I ended up watching tennis but at least I got to watch some of the x games later.

I see that Motocross is on Fuel TV Saturday @ 11:30am central time; Unadilla 250cc.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm not terribly sure what you are suggesting.. Maybe a "Racing on TV" sticky thread in this racing forum? Just to alert for up coming races on TV, then other threads in the racing forum to discuss the race while it it happening?
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I was thinking of a sticky thread that anyone could post a televised racing event on before it happens. Then if it popped up on the "what's new" we could all check it out and tune in or set our DVRs to record. Not so much to discuss the race but to keep from missing it on TV. I suppose anyone could start another thread about a particular race if they wanted.
  7. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

the Altitude FIM feed is piss poor as far as picture quality... the announcing is pretty good though
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  8. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ya the first moto has been live on fueltv all year, but the second moto its a guessing game wich channel and when itll be on if at all. sometimes they show em saturday evening on speed or sunday on cbs i think it is. but really its one of the most screwed up televised sporting events i know of if your trying to catch the whole thing lol
  9. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ya its definatly not the best picture quality.....but it is racing!!
  10. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

fim limburg is on altitude...681 on direct tv
  11. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

1030 tonight 250 moto2 on speed, they threw a curveball today and had the 450 moto2 on nbc(i think it was) earlier.
    lankydoug likes this.
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    BooYaa, the thread is already paying off.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I get extremely limited tv.. if you ever notice anything on Fox sports or CBS - click on the housekeeping button then I will be notified :)
  14. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

lol i should also mention thats 1030 central time 930 eastern sorry
  15. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

its kind of a pain but you can find about any of them on the internet, if you really want too. ill keep you posted. i thought it was strange it wasnt on cbs today, thats who usually has that i think.
    Coffee likes this.
  16. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

chzec republic gp on altitude 681 on direct tv
  17. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

southwick on fueltv if ya missed it thsi weekend, great stuff if you missed it, tune in!!
    lankydoug likes this.
  18. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ok last race of the year, its lookin like they will show it all live!! 3-5pm central time on fueltv will be the first motos and then from 6-8 on speed will be the second motos...enjoy:banana:

**i do like the hour break 5-6, just enough time for me to order some hooters for carry out and get back home for the action!!
    lankydoug likes this.
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I'm in need of some televised endurocross, I've been combing the TV guide and can't find anything.:( Nothing motivates me to ride like organized mayhem.:banana:
  20. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

wont be till winter probably and on the versus channel