Golden Tyres From Zip Ty

Discussion in 'Other Sponsors' started by ajaxauto, Jun 28, 2015.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

robertaccio and dave lindsey like this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Did you get your plaque?
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes finished just before 5 pm I just cruise along no need to speed on the public trails which have jeeps and other offroad vehicles on them
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah your other video post made it seem like you were in a jeep club.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tire is of course working well , but also you knowing how to keep traction with the old school 510 torque monster. not spinning your wheels and keeping the tire weighted...just watching those guys lifting their bike while trying to go up......aint gonna work. good on ya another plaque
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Golden Tyre update I am still in love with the front fatty But the rear 523 rocky is just working out great. I did round 6 of the AMA National in Luceren a few months back. It had both rocks and also had big sand dunes. After 100 miles the tire look great so great that I just raced Rd7 with the same tire. Another 100 race miles in the rocks and sand. The tire flat works and for me is a perfect match to my Fatty Front. That same tire still looks great and will go on the practice bike for another few hundred miles

Now another update Talked to Ty today and he said a container of Golden Tyres is stitting just off shore of Long Beach Calif with his name on it
    He has over 50 preorders so you guys better start burning up his phone if you want to get some
    760 244 7028
  8. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Is GT making a mousse that fits the tire without needing to stuff it to the pressure you think it should be run at? That would be my next setup but I don't want to buy two mousses just to cut away most of it for the front tire specifically.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have been told that there are a few big fatty mousses Cant wait to open that container and see all the good stuff
    Johnrg likes this.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Our shipment of Goldentyres are being X-rayed today by US Customs. Hopefully we can get those tires released in the next few days.
    robertaccio and Motosportz like this.
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I was told today that the tires cleared customs and have left the port of Long Beach Headed to Zip Ty Racing Fex x states today or tomorrow

I was also told that out of the 20 foot container of tires 104 front Fatty are already PRE SOLD Glad a few of those are mine Also since I love the 523 Rocky I pre orderd a few of them I am set for awhile Now how about the rest of you ???

Now all I have to do is wait for my new bike to mount up these bad boys
    Johnrg and Tinken like this.
  12. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I just mounted my last fatty Sunday. I'll need a new pair by spring. Probably will order some around Christmas time with some hopes of a holiday sale again... Hint, hint ;)
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I would just treat myself to some now in case it's a long wait for the next batch. So what's the ETA on the new ride ajax? I believe we have some work to do out in JV soon. Would be great to get it out there!
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This container of tires took like 4 months to get here But so worth the wait to get them I just hope it does not take so long next time Still waiting on a new ride with no ETA Been told maybe by oct
  15. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    As far as road tires.... I am getting word from a top road racer to replace in two years as the rubber ages/hardens. What's the word on dirt tires?
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    fact is if you are on the budget, fresh tires are the in the plan. but for all of us peons, you get what you can off the shelf.
    so yes absolutely a valid point johnrg that is a good point, Im sure all the major racing teams are getting the newest stuff and their org is keeping tabs on all that. Ive been in the midst of the Suzuki world superbike team, tires are very well managed from the manufacturer/sponsor rep to the org itself, tire manager crew chief etc. and Im sure roger decoster has all that managed to a fine degree for the team (for one example). racing success is in details.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ps I just really love that fat front, it just works for me so well.
    Xcuvator likes this.
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey Robert so does everyone else and with over 104 front tyres pre sold even before the container door is open. They will not last long. Then we all get to wait again as it just seems to take so long getting a big order from a company based in Italy.
    robertaccio likes this.
  19. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Can I use shrink wrap/packaging plastic wrap to store a fresh knobby? I never tried it but always wondered if it would help preserve the rubber.
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Why not jut put it in a trash bag and keep it in the garage Tires are good for years
    robertaccio and reveille like this.