Gas Gas to aquire Italian Husqvarna engines 2T and 4T

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Norman Foley, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Anyone who posts that a Beta 300 feels lighter and handles better than a Husky 125, can't throw stones about what other people feel.... I'm still waiting to ride a "stock" 250RR, to get a more accurate opinion of how compares, to my Husaberg TE250.
  2. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

First off Kelly I'm sure Russ is a great guy,but let's be honest if you think the 449 feels lighter than any 2 stroke on the market something is up.
    Interesting you brought up the fact that I think it feels lighter than the wr125 platform. If you look around at some other forums (I'm sure you do) you will find that I'm not the only one that has made that statement.
    I wasn't calling him names I said it sounds like fan boy talk which it does.
  3. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

The difference here is that I owned both and rode my 165 and 300 back to back many times on the same tracks and trails. Not a 15 min ride around the driveway. I think the Husky 125 is a great bike and wish I never sold it but many on this forum make it sound like the motor gods themselves designed it to the end of all of dirtbikes. It's not!
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    The 449 (511?) won a SM world championship in EU before bwm pulled the plug on SM racing.. Amusing? OK and its true also.
    --

If they sold\leased\ <> that cts stuff then someone expects to make a $, correct? Mission accomplished?
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    While I agree with that (the beta weighs less and feels like it weights less) I know Russ, he is a big guy built like a football player, and also a very nice guy and not one to say crazy things. Based on that I'll personally take him for his word in that it felt that way to him. As I said the 300rr I rode I liked a lot, it felt like it weighed a good bit more than my 144 that day and less than my 511 which I have owned for years. All three are great bikes and we all have our own personal perspectives on how they feel and work for us on the trails we like to ride. Right now I am actively riding my 165, my 02 CR250, my 511 and my 83 XC500. All very different bikes, all very good and bring something to the table.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Me too :thumbsup: I'm not a huge fan of 300's of any brand for me and my riding. For me the 250 feels lighter, rev quicker, carburate better and just work better for my needs. In fact I wish they both made 200's. That 250RR and the Shreco 250 are on my short list.
  7. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    yea i like the 200 plan always enough but never too much no matter how rough it gets at least around here i think youd c alot of'em in the woods if you could get a different color than orange the old green ones are still around in good numbers
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    You are most entitled to what you perceive to be your well founded opinion, as am I and so is Russ. Maybe Russ will fill us in on his test ride conditions.

I test rode a '13 Beta 300RR, back to back with my '12 Husaberg TE250. I purposely went and rode it on a rainy Spring day, in the most muddy, technical, off camber conditions possible. Unfortunately the Beta was set up for a very fast GNCC/MX A rider. It had the Race Edition suspension off his '12 450RR. My Husaberg is set up for more technical enduro conditions, but works well when it opens up and gets fast.

The shop owner and I swapped bikes after a sighting lap for the trail section. My Husaberg worked really well, as I expected. I then got on the Beta for a loop. For my speed and ability, the Beta deflected off of everything and wouldn't turn well in the tight. Didn't feel heavier than my Husaberg, but it wasn't lighter. It handled and turned very much like my Husaberg, before I started tweaking it. I swapped back to the Husaberg and did it again. I didn't want to get on the Beta again, as it wasn't any fun. As I said, I've reserved final judgment on the Beta, until I ride a stock one.

I've ridden my Husaberg and demo Gas Gas 200 and 300 extensively on my trails, against my Husky WR165 and Husaberg TE250. None of these bikes, feel as light or turn as well the Husky. I can pretty safely say in my opinion, the Beta doesn't feel lighter or handle better, than a Husky 125. Perception and reality are 2 different things.... I love my Husky WR165 and the way it feels and handles, but the stopwatch says I'm faster on my '12 Husaberg TE250.

I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, just don't question the validity of others, as there is no one answer for everyone.....
    454x, john01 and LandofMotards like this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have been dialing in and riding my 02 CR250 quite a bit lately and was thinking to myself the other day that I'm probably faster overall on my 250 now. The 165 is still more fun than any bike i've ridden and i ride for fun these days but if I was headed to a race I think I might bring the 250.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I bet you would really like a stock or modified for you Beta. The one I rode had GREAT suspension (redone for fast trail riding I think) and was very planted.
  11. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

So if I told you that my Tundra handles better than your Corvette you would not question the validity of my statement.
    oregonsage likes this.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think were in beating a dead horse zone here.
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's apples and oranges and you know it. It's more like my F-150, handles better than your Ram 3500. I'm done here...
    john01 and ray_ray like this.
  14. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    The point was the opposite of amusing, how little attention to what the title of the thread and what is inserted in the text of posts. Thanks for inserting the factual stuff as to what transpired with that class of engine.
  15. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    So.....

I have many dealings in taiwan....If I went to the kymco factory....would they sell me 2-3 husky motors? :)

I am actually quite serious. I wonder if showed up and took a few managers to the titty bar if they would let loose with a couple?

Last visit I never even considered that...then again I didnt have a 511.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  16. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    The whatty bar?
  17. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    lol I mean the only underground strip club/bar in tapei?
  18. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    I've spent a fair amount of time in the Taipei airport just passing through.
  19. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I have only been one time to visit a factory to get some motor controllers produced. I did not get to sight see really at all. ...
  20. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

DonĀ“t expect that Formosa recreational facilities would cater for US taste in larger volume secondary female attributes.
    duggoey likes this.