1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

FMF and PCV install - bike dying on throttle

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Vustadumas, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Vustadumas Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 1198
    If that's the case, then he could have saved me $400 :P Is it anything with California EPA stuff? Seriously, I don't care about the money, just glad my bike is back. haha
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Maybe he was trying to save them money? Perhaps they aren't the type of riders who need that kind of power. Your map turned my bike into a Beast! I had to relearn how much to twist the throttle yesterday. There were a few situations where I almost got myself in trouble with too much loud handle application.
  3. gillies Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    '09 R1200GSA
    Uhhh... Couldn't agree more. JD Tuner - simple, cheap, effective.
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Just pretend you're back on the lawn mower...
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    No lie, the JD unit is $225 and you get simple effective fuel tuning that doesn't require a computer or any programming knowledge. It is a great way for many to improve their performance with less investment.

For just over a hundred bucks more, the PCV is $336 @ ZipTy. Comes with a map (up to two separate maps) of your choice from mild to wild, both fuel and ignition mapping, switchable on the fly (button on handlebars or shifter). The software is free and the unit has huge expandability, -100/+250% fuel change range, allows +/- 20 degrees of timing adjustment, O2 sensor auto tuning, quick shift, launch control, rev limit expansion, accelerator pump, fuel start timers, and probably a few other things I can't think of...
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I rode and raced with my JD for almost 2 years trying not to get a PCV. Did it work? Sure, got rid of the off idle stumble (mostly) and allowed those on the trail adjustments if needed. Tinken knew what he was doing when he let me borrow a factory race team ECU last month at the West Hare Scramble. I couldn't believe how much better my bike ran with the JD set to complete bypass. It was a great direct apples to apples comparison as this was at my home riding area.

Fast forward to this past Saturday where I went on an epic ride from Trona at 1703'elevation, to Telescope Peak at 11,043' elevation with my new Power Commander installed. It just flat worked better everyway and everywhere. Once I got used to how much more power was available there is just no going back.

I don't have autotune at this time and after that ride, don't see me needing it either. It took lots of persuasion but I'm slow to change things on a bike. I thoroughly tested the JD and got good at making snap adjustments on the trail searching for the just right setting. That thought never occurred to me on Saturday with the PCV. The only thing I need to do is get a fuel conservation map to load for these long days, but I certainly have my race map loaded already.
  7. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Map #3 did not work for me at all. It was the same or worse as if it didn't take Map #3. And remember that some guys have locked ECUs and a JD or PCV is their only option.
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's the problem. Lawn mower throttle input equals rocket ship results now.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's my world.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    One of the guys on here was building an ignition map on low power mode that retarded the timing during the initial launch in order to improve his throttle snatch. I don't think that timing alone will do it, but you could load the zero map and adjust into the negative. Without Autotune and afr's it is going to be more guess work, but could be done with the field adjustments to start while comparing both maps. The accel pump settings won't change from map to map, so the off idle stumble won't happen in low power mode.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    But I gotta have the juice now! It's not necessarily abrupt, just took getting used to. No way I'm going back to Briggs and Stratton mode!
    Vustadumas likes this.