First that disgusting SMQ thing now this...

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Motosportz, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Love the Multistrada :thumbsup: Ducati builds some very nice stuff. :cheers:

This Aprilia looks like a plastic Chinese copy of some bike.
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Not sure.

But for the most part, the stuff they 'design' today, is absolute shite.
    It seems like 'styling' has gone out the window- 'stupid, gawdy, over-the-top and bling' seems to be, um, 'in' and is being mistaken for 'style'.

News flash- stupid is NOT cool......or at least it wasn't.

Making a high-performance machine look absurdly retarted is not cool. No matter what today's 'sideways-hat wearing you-tube/myspace' rejects think. It's a travesty and a poor justification of 4 years wasted in 'design school'.

90% of 'style' today makes me wanna puke.
  3. Nick Mac. Husqvarna
    B Class

Try bridgestone .com Not 100% sure, but i think i was looking at them 20 mins before i saw this. I was on a british site but reckon you could find them under bridgestone anyways. Goodluck.
  4. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    I sorta agree with you. A headlight and maybe a small upper fender and not too bad. Way better looking than the SMQ me thinks.
  5. rajobigguy Administrator

To me the most offensive thing are those pontoons which I presume are mufflers, they look like the would drag on even the most sedate corners. The more I look at it, the less I like it. The frame looks like cheap injection molded plastic, which since it is a prototype it might very well be but this thing needs some serious refinement.
  6. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    Yeah I was thinking it looked like and oversize thermos, but I don't like the pontoon either.

Muddy Waters' Aprilia girl has my vote.
  8. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    To me at this moment in moto time its the Euros that are trying and testing both the style (Bimota,Husky,Aprilia etc) and engineering (Husaberg FEs et al) boundaries...... and as usual the Italians are pushing alot of these exercises outside what is considered normal. These are all just styling exercises,,,just like those Milan fashion shows with the wacky costumes the models wear,,,eventually they get polished & toned down to the comfort level of the consumers. Its a normal fashion procedure,, remember all those US auto maker concept cars during the 50s and 60s,,,,,,the cars of the year 2000,,,with bubble canopys and rocket looking shapes.... we never went that far,,but things came out from of the out of the box thinking.
    The Italians especially and others as well have that out of the box idealism in their nature,,,,,organized confusion,,,, la dolce vita. this should be my last social technical commentary on this subject,,,,,,
    We here (US folks) may not get it but we here are not building/designing/preparing HUS, APR, BET, DUC, BIM , HM Hondas, Val Suzs, KL Kaws,,Verlichi frames, Benellis,Fantics etc etc ,, most of the WSBK teams, just about all the WEC teams most of the best FIM MX teams oh yeah the some of the best MotoGP teams as well are all Italia based. Make sense?? Truth is the great US ain't got shit compared to the passion for motorsports that is Italia and the rest of the EU have,,,except NASCAR (whoa). The great thing is that we can access that passion by going down to your local euro machine dealer and buy into it,,,,,,PS the Japanese share alot of the same motorsport passion, but I feel they have morphed more into a clone of each others style and design, Honda was the king of trying wacky stuff but they too have just toned the whole process down into boring clones of YAMKAWSUZ who are all clones of each other. Basta!!! R
  10. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Robert I agree with what you say
    However looking at your earlier posts; me and you do not share the same view of the SMQ
    My fear is that the passion will actually dwindle if Husky will build the SMQ :excuseme:
    Can they make it better? Of course they can, and that’s why I “keep the pressure”
    I just want Husky to be all that it can be and styling is a big part of it
    After all what’s the point of buying an Italian machine if it looks German? :D
    :thumbsup: