1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Finally Joined the 150 Club

Discussion in '2st' started by Stiggy Pop, Apr 8, 2017.

1. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    I guess I should take a look at my PV also. I just ordered v4 reeds..
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I was at my local dealer recently and they said that the new models are having jetting issues. They are a lectron dealer and have installed quite a few lectron carbs on the brand new bikes they have sold with very good results. I will ask them about the powervalve and reed issues on my next visit and see what they say about it.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Here is my main power valve flapper before I polished it. This was after cleaning it.

Also, here are the booster port ones before de burring and polishing the chrome.

On the main flapper shaft. There are two oring sealing areas. Plus this slides in two bushings and must turn with ease.

To test mine. I assembled mine just using STP oil treatment (sure anything would be fine even two stroke oil. Put new gasket in ( Before trimming the ends of gasket) and orings, then torqued the front cylinder cap back on. Then make sure there is no drag moving main flapper. If memory serves me right? I think I filed, sanded, polished some off main flapper after X Dimension was set, for smooth transition for exhaust and wave?

Disassemble and polish the flapper shaft on machine buffer. In fact I did the whole thing so carbon has tough time sticking to it. On the side booster dials. Just make sure they spin with ease by hand, with out the orings installed. I thought it was a good idea to deburr the cut outs as they were sharp and jagged.

Did mine have some resistance? Yes, but everything functions good without resistance now.

I did same years ago to sons RM 125. If memory serves me right? His had those cork screw ones that would hang up.

I have heard that one guys X Dimension, was off some from factory.

My guess would be that torquing front cap down, is crimping the bushing on the flapper shaft? Or the booster port dials are getting stuck?????

One of reasons I use STP. Cause it is like honey and sticks to bearings, tranny gears, cylinders, etc.... Over time, where I don't fire them right away. Two stroke oils or oil runs off over time sitting, then things start rusting.

Attached Files:

hakkalugi likes this.
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Thanks for that. Looks like essentially the same KTM PV we've been seeing since the 1990 300 came out. It's a good mechanism overall. Usually trouble free. Sounds like they just went a little tight on the clearances here and there. Easy fix. Yes
  5. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    Yep im gonna pull mine apart when im home from vacation. I run the lectron & its great but I have some pinging still I also dis with the stock carb but the bike runs muchh better with the lectron. I think my reeds are causing the ping so thats why I ordered the V4's up. Just gotta work some little kinks off these new bikes!
  6. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    hakka: Post some pics if you would. You've got a good "reference bike" there. I decided to sell more junk before jumping on a new one, so hoping to get an 18 this fall. Nice of all of you to figure it all out for me!
    hakkalugi likes this.
  7. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150

Ive got a whole thread about it not quite as in depth as darty's but theres some good stuff & lots of pictures in there! Look for hakkalugi's TE150 might be a page or 2 back now, ive been on vacation the last few weeks I havent updated it since I left!
    Norman Foley likes this.
  8. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    Seriously?? Been reading your posts since you got your bike. That's why I said you have a "reference bike." Keep up the good work!
    hakkalugi likes this.
  9. dgargiulo21 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 Husky WR125
    The newest imfo is they just replaced every part with new power valve components and they at the shop have been told by Husqvarna tech to use 2018 jet specs including the 7 degree carb angle and today they will test the 150 . I will start a new post instead of high jacking this inocent post.
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Great! Keep us posted
  11. Stiggy Pop Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TE150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200exc
    Did 32 miles of single track today and I'm starting to love this thing. I think in a lot of ways a 250 would be easier to ride but this bike is a lot of fun. In the tighter flowing switchback single track you definitely have to be on your game with the shifts and the clutch to keep it singing, but it flicks around like a mountain bike!

I ended up going back half a clip richer on the JD blue needle, so I'm at 3.5 now. It seems to have a little more torque at this setting. I'm satisfied with the way it's running now, although I am tempted by the RK TEK head mostly because I can never leave things alone.

Very impressed with what it can do in 2nd gear. We did some pretty heavy hills today and I didn't have any trouble with it. I got up one climb in second and my buddy on a beta 250 went up also in 2nd and just spun it out, he was impressed by the little 150! Good bike for learning good clutch and throttle control. Suspension is soooo much better than the old 200
    huskybear likes this.