FIM says no, Stewart out of 2015 SX...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He speaks...

The last 8 months have been very tough & honestly devastating to a degree. The Love & support Ive received from the industry & my sponsors has been truly amazing. They're has been a lot of athletes very vocal over this decision & I truly appreciate it tremendously. I'm extremely sorry that it's come down to this but it has shown me just how much this industry stands up for each other through tough situations. To my fans... I'm not gonna lie after receiving this devastating news last Friday, I was honestly contemplating retiring, I felt like I couldn't fight anymore. This situation has taken a toll on me. But The support from you the fans this last 24hrs has had me nearly in tears. Reading the comments & seeing all the overwhelming letters, signs, shirts, etc has made me ready to fight & show you the fans & my sponsors what you deserve. Thanks to all of you Im gonna be around for a long time to come. Your support showed me how much you guys appreciate me so with that being said, it's gonna take a lot more then this to run me off. Thank you for literally keeping me on my bike for years to come. The louder you guys are, the more it makes me ready to be back for you. I hear you loud & clear so no matter what you will see me behind the gate doing what I love hopefully sooner than later
  2. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nobody is above the rules of the sport, but as an infamous Unadilla hero friend mine always said, "It ain't cheating till you get caught".
    Xcuvator likes this.
  3. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    During the ridiculous 8 months that it took to come to a decision, Stewart filled out the TUE and got cleared to use EXACTLY what he is being punished over. Hopefully that should have some bearing to you "rules are rules" fellas.

Keep supporting Stewart, he didn't beat his girlfriend up he flubbed some paperwork.

From the AMA:

http://www.vitalmx.com/features/The...l&utm_campaign=spotlight#.VJJUxd6Kf4s.twitter

SOOOO glad the AMA is supporting Stewart and calling out the BS of the handling of this, and not taking the Beuracratic Low Road.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    this situation is way different than the bicycle doping and sprinter doping scandals. His "people""handlers" "manager" should have been way more cognizant about these matters and kept tabs on regulations so James did not have to think about that kind of crap. innocent until proven guilty, with no personal basis/evidence (Im talking me here, with no data only internet crap).
    I really don't think that he was taking adderol (adderal is an admitted fact) to gain some sort of advantage.......I mean really if he or others are working at doping they certainly would not use adderal to get on top......there are soooo many high tech PEDs that would work waaaay better than some anti ADD drug and are virtually undetectable.
    So IMHO this guy had no bad intent here, it is a screw up for sure but without malice. Spank him with a fine, keep him off a few races etc. That's my 2cents/ tuppence. PS this guy is high power for a sport that needs guys like this for TV ratings, sales etc etc.
    Xcuvator, troy deck and john01 like this.
  5. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    If he had filled out the TUE paperwork would the testing been different/more thourough?
    troy deck likes this.
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Malcolm should fill out that paperwork as well, since he has medicated to the point of kidney failure. Still, juice brothers has a nice ring to it, I think the name is fitting.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    If I file paperwork to my employer with a prescription for marijuana do you think I'll be able to keep my job? No really, do you think so? LOL I know, bad example... but I tried.;) Adderral seems to be sweeping through many pro sports now. It's banned everywhere due to the obvious performance enhancing effects including increased stamina and better reaction times. I have no idea why filing paperwork disclosing that you are taking a banned substance would change this outcome in any way but what do I know?
    Tinken likes this.
  8. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Oh stop it. Now you are just slandering. Not cool.
    motorpsycho and Motosportz like this.
  9. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i bet if he was white an his name was VonStewartski everything would be jus ducky:thumbsup:my 2 cents
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Lets not make this a race thing please.
  11. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i hear you but its gotta make you think you know he's a superstar and one of only colored man out there:excuseme:
  12. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Has nothing to do with that crap.... just stop it....

if he would have filled out and filed a TUE before being tested then they would know when those drugs popped up on the test everything was ok...

I am kinda on both sides of this.... i really like stewart because when eiding he is creative as hell similar to TP199.... but on the other hand he knew the rule and someone on his team either ignored the rule, overlooked the rule, thought he was too big to be banned, or was using it to cover something else up....

In short, you broke the dang rules... doing that he was playing with fire.... he didnt know and either did anybody know what his punishment would be.... well he got popped and now paying the piper....

I think his biggest problem is his "crew" is so big because he is soo big that things get lost in all the positions.... for him, I would fire everybody in my team or whoever was in charge of that area.... time to pair down your "crew" and make sure everybody is doing there job....
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Not for me, Andy Jefferson was my supercross hero growing up. Still is.
    troy deck and FatDaddyMX like this.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Sorry, I have a problem with this. You shouldn't be allowed to juice at all. You can't juice in the NFL, prescription or not. This ruins the credibility of the sport. If medication is his arguement, there are plenty of non-amphetamine treatments available. Do you think Andy or Ty had to juice to win? These guys are so anti-drug, I can't even get them to take aspirin. Do you think the Stewart brothers need juice to win? If you don't believe that, then don't make excuses for it.

The real victim here is us, the sponsors and our sport's integrity. Not James Stewart.
    FatDaddyMX likes this.
  15. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Excuses? Haven't made a one. Unlike you, I am addressing the FACTS. Do I know the in's and out's of what happened? No and you sure as hell don't either but have taken the liberty to start calling it "juicing" and have brought his brother under the same irresponsible condemnment. The FACT is, that what he tested positive for is ALLOWED with prior paperwork. OTHERS in the sport ARE using it. That amounts to a paperwork f up as the rules are written. Whether or not you like the rule is irrelevant and a separate topic. As such the punishment is excessive and not fitting of the infraction. I think the punishment for for screwing up paperwork should be less than for using HGH or for blood doping, etc, which there isn't any paperwork to excuse it.

Man we can't agree on anything lately, but I still love ya man!:cheers:

For the record, I have a problem with the whole notion of ADHD and am quite sure I would have been recommended for treatment if it existed when I was a pup. I am NOT sympathetic towards Adderal use or prescription or ADHD as a disease in general. I am simply giving my take on the facts as presented in light of the current rules without letting emotions cloud my judgement.
    motorpsycho and robertaccio like this.
  16. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Why not just let everyone use it? If it enhances performance, wouldn't it enhance the sport?
  17. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Everyone CAN, Mike. One must have a prescription for it, and must fill out the TUE paperwork. Mr. Stewart failed to do the second step.
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    No place for German (von) Pollacks (ski) in pro MX anyway......lets kill these notions please.
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I'm just bs'ing in a news thread. I am more worried about how I'm going to design my next Husky part. Or solve the next engineering catastrophe. We agree on things that really matter, or at least that's how I see it. :D
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  20. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.