Exhaust modification

Discussion in 'TR650' started by danielcure, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Luge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    sold them all
    If you are asking about the video, there is too much air in the air/fuel mixture ratio causing a popping sound and the flamethrower effect, do a internet search of "what makes a engine run lean" or "lean running condition"
  2. spiderman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 KLR650 07 Bandit1250 85 Rokon
    Yes, I was referring to the video. I don't hear that sound with mine but I just bought it a week ago and haven't really had a chance to ride it much. I thought the secondary air injectors were supposed to eliminate that. Does this bike not have secondaries?
  3. Luge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    sold them all
    The bike in the video is a off road motorcycle with most likely a carb (that needs adjusting)... don't do any major modifications to your exhaust and you won't have that problem. I just bought mine a week ago also and its been snowing/raining/cold here, so no miles for me too.
    HuskyDude likes this.
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Just a heads up...that is not a TR in the video.
    It is just to show you could get flames out of your exhaust if you remove the 'spark arrestor'.
    The CO's (Conservation Officer) here do checks for spark arrestor. If your caught without you get a hefty fine.
    :cheers:
  5. Delnari Husqvarna
    A Class

Really not into "correcting" the factory exhaust. I never keep a bike more than two years and like have the ability of returning everything back to stock before selling it. Watching the aftermarket exhausts right now, the GPR looks like a nice option and even saw a video released with a Leo Vince version. Will go with a new full system when the options are better available and get a tune for the PCV to better match the change.