Enclosed trailer advice

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Teambowles, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Yes the rail does that. The more ideas the better thanks people
  2. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    IMG_7591.JPG

We use the same wheel chocks inside enclosed snowmobile trailers.
    Had some bar stock drilled and tapped that would fit inside the track to bolt the the chocks to.
    Used Eye bolts to secure and provide a tie down point. We do not put a lot of pressure on the bike, just to stabilize.

I have found that sometimes the tension from the wheel chock just is not right and it wants to keep opening.
    So just in case, we use a bungee on the handle and connect to a foot peg. Works out really well!
    JonXX and Teambowles like this.
  3. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    That rail sounds like what the company I work for has inside their trailers that we use for deploying emergency generators but the only straps I have seen for it has both ends attaching to the rail with a ratchet in the middle . Good chance there’s more strap options than i’ve seen .
    Teambowles likes this.
  4. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Awesome set up JP. I think the front hoops will be too tall for my street bikes, it looks like they'll hit the front fenders. The shorter small ones that ct uses seem so far the best for my needs. They detach when not in use I will just have to put more floor tie downs in. I do really like the side ways fitting of the bikes seems to give lots of room to move around bikes and looks nice too. Keep em coming
    NH-JP likes this.
  5. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    image.jpeg picked it up yesterday matches color of my truck perfectly. Now decisions for bikes
    JonXX and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  6. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thinking 4 of these for now. You think the 6.5 wide ones would be best image.png
  7. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    I just noticed that the roof is silver... that oughta cool that hot-box down a bit. that is- instead of all-black being 135° inside... now it'll be 125°.
    wait, it still gets hot in Redding occasionally, right? (actually, this summer has been cooler and smokier than any other summer I can remember).

6.5"? will a paddle fit in there? I'd make it so the biggest rear tire fits in- then I'm would be pretty sure any front tire would. wait- you got supermoto bikes too, right? I might buy one huge wheel chock and the rest large.

give us a interior shot when you're done.
    JonXX and Teambowles like this.
  8. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    Vents , I have a crank up roof vent and 2 smaller vents on the side . 1st one is upper drivers side front and 2nd is lower passenger rear , gets rid of fumes while moving . A trailer box on the tongue should give you a bit more storage .
    Teambowles likes this.
  9. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    A 3” tire will work in the 6.5 chocks . Can you get additional floor mounts for those ? More mounts , more flexibility .
    Teambowles likes this.
  10. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh yea Redding cooks in summer, with all the smoke this year my solar on the house has to catch up. The 6.5 is the widest I can find and trench it's only for the front tire not rear. The SM bikes are gone 3 dirt bikes n 3 street bikes, it says fits 17 to 21 inch tires and they're lower in profile so they shouldn't hit rotor or fenders on street bikes. I think I'm gonna mount 2 forward and 2 facing backward. I'll probably only haul my 3 at a time either street or dirt and 4th maybe a friends from time to time but not sure yet. Yep will do on pics waiting for clocks to get here now.
    No roof vent but it does have the side vents, not sure on just being able to buy more mounts I may have to buy whole chock set but for $17 a piece that's not too bad. Once I get clocks mounted I'll see how much room I will still have and see if I will need a tongue box for more room.
    I've only towed it home so far it sure tows nice and the tundra doesn't even know it's there. Sure is nice having the built in trailer brakes on truck and the back up camera is perfect for hooking it up lines up great
  11. ct cr430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 cr 430
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 honda crf450
    Roof vents are good when parked allowing hot air out but I wouldn’t travel with it open .
    Teambowles likes this.