1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Ebay: Good deal or counterfeit silencer?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Force10, May 8, 2017.

1. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So does the new muffler weigh more or less than the one you took off?
    My Ti mufflers are noticeably lighter then the the OE Pipes I took off.

Now that could be because the OE pipes are double walled and the TI pipes are single walled but i bet that muffler is pretty quiet as it is a pretty large size for a 250.
  2. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    I had a small window to throw it on after work last night. In my haste to put it on...I forgot to weigh them against each other to compare. :banghead:
  3. norma stitz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nunya185
    Take a very strong magnet and touch the can. If it's slightly magnetic, it's stainless. If it's not, Ti
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    The magnet test could work but keep in mind not all S/S alloys are magnetic, in fact most are not.

300 series stainless steels contain a higher amount of nickel and are not magnetic. These S/S alloys are considered "austenitic".
    Its the quantity of nickel in the Stainless alloy that makes it magnetic or not magnetic.

400 series stainless steels contain steel and chromium but don't contain Nickel in their alloys and they do in fact have magnetic properties, they are considered "martensitic" or "ferritic" S/S. These alloys are not often used for consumer goods other than kitchen cutlery and other utensils.
    rancher1 likes this.
  5. Romanzeley Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr450
    you can't beat an unmolested exhaust for 40 bucks.... that looks clean! congrats on the good find!!!
  6. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    Thanks!

I haven't taken it out yet...but I'm picturing my first time out I will have a wicked lay down on the right side and it will come up lookin' like a $40 pipe...lol