1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Dumb 2st questions...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Coffee, Apr 13, 2009.

1. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

the new proper-fitting exhaust has more midrange power (and the quality is much better), the new exhaust valves add to this. also, there are new brackets that connect the cylinder head with the frame (the old ones are likely to break).

the new exhaust valves are slightly longer, in order to compensate supplyer bad quality. however, the valves do not totally open anymore, but this is just a cosmetic issue.

on the 125 you can change the spring without much efforts. on the 250/300, no.

r
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks Rasputin.
    I gather from the Bavaria and Lombardy your list as location you are with BMW and or Husqvarna. I congratulate the engineers there for taking the time to really look into this especially as the 2 stroke seems to be dying in some areas. Is the PV longer on the valve part or the stem part? The stem was strenghtened and changed in the past (made thicker) Can you provide any detail on the cylinder porting itself? Pisture would be great.

Joe
  3. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125

Welcome to cafe husky....and we graciously appreciate your input
    :thumbsup:

Also good input Joe :notworthy:
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Are we blessed with Great people in the know or what :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  5. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I would love to post the update pics I have ..but its on a word document and I cant link it...but the photos show an unpainted like an FMF F pipe updated.. that goes UNDER the shock reservoir..the change up cyl. head brackets are hand rolled metal...not machined like previous....and the silent block or isolator is larger and of different shape....

it also mentions that the barrel must come off to R+R the PV's......but the kit doesnt list a base gask as part of the update

I dont see why the Cylinder must come off...??????

Ok .....just checked...there is not enough room at the frame downtube.....
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    You could attach it to a post. If it contains other things you do not want to share delete those parts and 'save as' to a different file name.

Or right click the pic in the word doc then copy/paste into MS paint (assuming it is a PC and not a Mac) then save the pic that way.
  7. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Here is the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE sent to us. Hope it's OK I post
    this...:D If not I'll take it down...

[IMG]
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  9. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey Dave let us know if smoke starts billowing from your PC and or the lights start flickering....:D

Thanks a bunch Dave !!!
  10. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

bmw: no. i come from this other "car city" in bavaria.

the valve part is longer (only the lower "port" side, of course), so that the port is lower when the valve is closed.

r
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Rasputin,
    Thank you for the tech info.:thumbsup:
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    How did i miss all this info. So...

- The powervalves are not long enough / supplier issue

- The pipe does in fact get a tuning change for more mid not just a redirect so it can stop rubbing a hole in the shock res. Interesting as i think it got dropped for the "new" bulletin kit (the pipe)
  13. foxrider093 Husqvarna
    B Class

this is prob a stupid question but i went the local dirt bike shop to buy a new spark plug i showed them the manual and it calls for a ngk br9eg and they gave me a ngk b8es should or can i use it?
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    If it calls for a resistor type plug (the "R" in your BR9eg plug) you should use a resistor type plug (not the standard type that they sold you) or ignition performance could suffer noticeably. Also, they sold you a plug that was one step hotter than what your manual called for. That may not be a terrible thing all by itself, but running too hot a plug can cause overheating and engine damage, so best to run what you are supposed to.
  15. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Exactly....

Also the electrode design is different from an EG to an ES

I would request the same part number as what you were running....
  16. foxrider093 Husqvarna
    B Class

17. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Okay, here's a couple dumb 2st questions.

The manual for my '08 CR125 says to run 24:1 for the first several hours before switching to 32:1 for good. These seem to be much more oily mix ratios than are in style these days. (40:1 seems popular, and my buddy's KTM 200 calls for 50:1). I plan on switching away from the 24:1 after this weekend's enduro. Should I go to the recommended 32:1 or some other ratio? I'm using Sunoco 93 pump gas with Maxima Super M synthetic blend. Runs awesome with stock jetting at the 24:1, but I'm thinking about changing my username to "Spoogebob Blackswingarm."

My next dumb 2st question is whether there's any benefit to running a carburetor vent line filter? The chief benefit for 4st bikes is preventing titanium valve wear. Any benefit for the smokers?

And the final dumb 2st question for the day is whether it's necessary to run one of the carb vent lines up to the steering head to prevent fuel starvation in water crossings? I had to do that for my TE, but does it matter with the CR?
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I've run 40:1 in my 125, but I'm going to switch to 50:1, which I run in my 250's. Run both top vent lines up into air box to prevent stalling in deep water. Use a carb filter to prvent dirt from getting in vent line and then carb. I learned my lesson at Curley Fern enduro a few years ago..... I had vent lines in airbox, but no filter. A few grains of sand got in carb and were jamming slide open, no fun. I've use a small Rx bottle zip tied in the airbox with a piece of foam in it and holes drilled for a filter.
  19. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    For me, it's 32:1 for the '09 CR 125 and 50:1 for the '09 WR 300... just like the owner's manuals calls for. Both bikes run like scalded dogs, no spooge and minimal smoke. I have a hard time understanding why folks choose to run a leaner oil mix than the OEM recommends.
  20. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

"Now that's funny right there,...I don't care who you are!"

-Larry The Cable Guy-