Differences Dashboard TE630 /SMS630 ?

Discussion in '610/630' started by motranqui, Jul 30, 2016.

1. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Hi

I’ve changed the dashboard for a new one because neither the rpm nor the screen light works. The weird thing is -I could swear-, the speed (Km/H) do not show the same. I mean: I quite sure that the new one shows a lower speed than the old one (For instance, old one 100km/h while new one 85km/h) That´s why I wonder if the new one is suitable for SMS wheel (shorter, so, it would show less speed at same rotational speed of the wheel)

BTW, now the dash shows 4.000 rpm = 80 km/h with 14/42 sprocket
  2. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    The dash is set for SM or TE on the initial setup, can't be changed later.
    My rpm is around 4200 at 100 Km. 14/43 gearing.
    I have a spare brand new dash for when mine goes.
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Yep, i think you're out of luck unless you can figure out how to white dragon it back to factory in-service state.
  4. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    But reference number for the dash are the same fot TE or SMS, so, how can I manage to set it up for TE? I don't like to see 80km/h in the dash if my speed is 100km/h. Besides, the counter km can also be wrong... what is no good at all.

RDTCU, sorry, I don't get what you mean by "white dragon"
  5. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    motranqui likes this.
  6. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F

You're the bee knees.. Is that an expresion that means you're cool, isn't it ? :)

That's true: I saw 63S4 in the dash and I thought: my God, something is going wrong, as it appears with the key in off position and never before has happened such a thing.

Now I know... :mad:

I can't complaint to the dealer because, in fact, the new dash was a "gift" that the previous owner of the bike gave me because he knew that the light and the rpm counter didn't work. I wasn't had time to change it till last week, though.

so, I'm going to install the old one back again, as price for a new dash is "only" 246€ :eek: