630 Gauge Cluster Condensation

Discussion in '610/630' started by jtemple, Jun 23, 2011.

1. SM Flyer Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    No issue, read the manual. TRIP 1 and AVG work in conjunction with STP. Also, no problem so far with moisture/condensation despite being caught in several downpours last week.

There's only two good days to ride.....When it's raining and when it's not raining.
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Halls got an answer back on this from Husky:

"Do you remember a "S" or "E" being displayed when you first plugged your dash in? Supposedly you have to pick the E for Enduro(TE) or S for Supermoto (SMR). And of course it can only be set once. IMO this a stupid design. I am working on getting you another new dash."

I guess it must default to S and I missed it. :(
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    call George!

with our auto;s, we disconnect both bat cables, wait 30 mins, then touch them together to default all systems to factory. not sure if this will work with a hoosk or not or if it's recomended so...YMMV!
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I just got a second replacement gauge from Hall's. This time, they plugged it into one of their bikes and set it up prior to shipment. Everything went well, just plug & play and it's all working as it should.

Here's the lowdown of how installing a new gauge works...

When you first plug it in, even with the key off, the display flashes between 63E4 and 63S4. E = Enduro, S = Supermoto. If you do nothing, like I did the first time around, I'm not sure if you just get the S setting, or you get whatever the last flash was. What you need to do is hit the button on the gauge when the desired setting flashes on screen. You only get one chance.

My second replacement came pre-configured this time, so there was nothing to do. When I plugged it in, it flashed 63E4 and that was it. there was no 63S4 option.
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Hall's offered to eat the cost of the mode selection screwup, since neither of us were aware of the setup requirement, and Husky's documentation did not say anything about it needing to be done, and not being reversible.

They always ask for the old parts back when they give me warranty parts. I opted to just purchase and keep the SM gauge cluster, should I decide to buy a SM wheel kit. That way, it's just a quick swap and I'll still have accurate gauges.

Very cool!
    HGP3 likes this.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Not a good design...
    That should be documented... If Halls was not aware of the situation, that speaks volumes...
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Yep, good on them for offering to eat the cost. I don't know what the price of a new gauge is, but I'd guess they met me somewhere in the middle. Now I have a second one should I decide to swap in some SM wheels.