1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Dead fuel injector?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Huskynoob556, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Huskynoob556 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna Txc 310
    txc 310 r 2014
    i took my throttle body apart for cleaning , cleaned it all up pretty good put it back together now my injector is not spraying. the pump is pumping fuel to the injector but no spray , killed my damn battery trying to start it. clogged injector or dead injector?
  2. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Did you break a wire or have a bad connection? A noid tester is cheap; but even faster is to take the injector out, hook it up (use rubber fuel line if you have to) and watch it spray. Or the same thing with the throttle body out.

another option is to spray starting fluid in the intake... if it's a fueling problem it'll try to start; if it's a sparking or other problem it'll be the same.

I doubt the injector is dead; clogged maybe. but, as you probably suspect, it's related to your cleaning.

good luck.
  3. Huskynoob556 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna Txc 310
    No broken wires that i can see , getting 12v to the plug , too it out and did a test nothing sprays at all when i hit the starter or try to kickstart it. I am going to take it to a friend who has a injector cleaner see if that helps , both my green o rings the one on the injector and the one inside the hose where the fuel comes from are both shot though waiting on a seal kit in the mail. I cant seem to find that size o-ring anywhere !
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    wait... is this related to your problem in June or did you fix that? (and if so: what was it?) Or are you trying to solve the earlier problem?

How did you determine the injector is not spraying? I'm guessing you looked into the intake track, but maybe not.
  5. Huskynoob556 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna Txc 310
    No still never fixed thats why i took everything apart , now after i put it all back together it wont fire up, so i pulled the injector and tried to crank it , it had no spray at all.
    im also getting a red blinking light from the warning lights
    my problem in june was after riding the bike for about 30 mins it would start to sputter and stall , replaced temp sensor with no luck.
    all i did was disassemble the throttle body cleaned with carb cleaner and clean the injector with injector cleaner then put everything back, the bike will crank but will not fire at all i checked all plugs and connections
    and its getting spark
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Maybe apply voltage to the injector (your battery or even a 9-volt batt) when you know there is pressure in the line- e.g. right after you have flashed the starter button) and look for spray.

The injector has 12v to it at all times when the bike is running; the ECU controls the injector ground IIRC.

I'm guessing you might need a new injector.

Did you ever do the starting fluid spray test? Back when it ran, did you see the red light blink?
  7. Huskynoob556 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna Txc 310
    I had someone test the injector yesterday and it works fine , i tried the spray test before i took it out and it tried to start. When it ran there was no blinking light, only after i took it apart n put it back together. Spark tested im good on that. Now im stuck waiting for a oem seal kit for the fuel line that connects to the injector mine was ripped somehow. im wondering if maybe i had the wrong o ring preventing the right fuel pressure to the injector?
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Okay- the blinking red light is the "FI system error" from the ECU.

At this point, I'd guess your CTS, ATS, TPS, or MAP is not fully plugged in or reinstalled wrong. Think about the wiring too. Any connectors look the same or are reversible?

[Seals/o-rings: I doubt they were a problem before; now- yes]
    Huskynoob556 likes this.
  9. Huskynoob556 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna Txc 310
    Ok thats what i thought i knew the red light was and error just didnt know from what.
    I took both the tps and map off so its very possible, i regret not taking a picture i cant find a diagram anywhere i believe none of them are exactly alike , none look reversible but i will double check that
    i have some oem seal kits on the way when they arrive ill put it back together and see what i come up with
    thanks for the info though much appreciated
  10. Huskynoob556 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna Txc 310
    Well i managed to find some seals in town today i put everything back together , still wont fire =/ now when i hit the starter button i get a solid red and yellow light and if i hold it the red turns off and yellow stays.
    (yes there if fuel in the tank lol) The CTS and ATS i have replaced so those are brand new, only thing i havnt replaced is the TPS and MAP sensor
  11. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Huskynoob556 likes this.
  12. Huskynoob556 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna Txc 310
    Took it apart , put it back together again
    threw some gas in it , now it fires right up ... ha...the tank had a bit of gas in it. maybe a loose connection somewhere
    starts and idles fine , not sure if its still stalling after it heats up though , i haven't had the time to ride it long enough
    holy crap! 400$! yea im glad i didnt have to buy one
  13. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    well, i guess you're back to where you started now. It'd probably be best to use the other thread if you have stalling questions.

do you have any idea of what the problem with the injector may have been?
  14. cncclimber Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 BMW 1200LT, 2007 Gas Gas TXT300
    I just bought a new injector for my 2014 TXC310R and it didn't come with an oring/seal for the high pressure fuel side. I was trying to find a seal for the original injector since it failed and was leaking gas and had to settle for a Viton oring to get me by until I got the new injector. Which gasket set did you get? Did it have that seal in it? There is a throttle body oring kit but I assume it wouldn't have the injector seal. The new injector just had the flat nozzle end seal. I thought that was weird... Why wouldn't it come with a pressure side seal?