Cyclops Led H4 headlight bulb

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Baddrapp, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    I've never been pulled over and I have done quite a bit of traveling. If you do get pulled over it's just a fix it ticket. Usually a small fee and have the citation signed off. Any Law Officer can sign off on a fix it ticket. Even out of state officers can sign off a ticket. It's really just a pain in the butt.
  2. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III
    I really like these Cyclops LED headlight bulbs, I've ridden with these for 4 months now and they certainly are a upgrade compared to the OEM halogen bulb. I do really struggle with the aim of the headlight because I ride a lot in the dark on congested roads and I've noticed that I blind many other motorists. How do you guys adjust the aim because that adjusting bolt underneath the instrument cluster works terrible.
    engineerk9 likes this.
  3. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    you have slotted holes in the bottom mounts which allows up/down & left/right alignment.....
    engineerk9 likes this.
  4. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III

I know, but thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the slotted holes in the bottom do not have enough room to adjust the beam further downwards... I have already tried that.
  5. DeLewis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Hi folks, just wanted to confirm that I don't need the current rectifier?? I had no idea that some bikes are AC... Are the Aussie inmates just ordering direct from Cyclops?

Thanks
  6. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    With the shape of the reflector & the lense I think it would be quite difficult to accurately aim the light, the adjusting screw on the top has some adjustment, also push the pivot bolts as far back as possible - or drop the forks one or two notches thru' the triple clamps
  7. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    I ordered from cyclops, fitted without fuss, plug&play, although the rubber boot will need a little TLC to fit
    danketchpel and DeLewis like this.
  8. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA
    Does anyone have a link to the Chinese version they purchased from ebay or any other source? I'll pay the $59 from cyclops if needed but obviously I'd be happy to pay less.
  9. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    I'd feel happier to pay a few $'s more for the quality
  10. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Search for "H4 led moto cree 4000lm" in Aliexpress and you'll find the same current model

The products are exactly the same, as they are made in the same place. What you're purchasing with the extra $'s is brand name and better customer care.
    Mark_H and turtlemoye like this.
  11. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    Okay
  12. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA
    My bulb had burned out and I need a new one within 9 days so I ordered the cyclops from Rocky Mountain ATV to make sure it arrives in time. I may order a backup from Aliexpress to have a spare and compare them side by side.
  13. etotore Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR 200
    Here is pictures before and after with same settings on the camera.

After this pictures was taken raised the beam a little bit up so better coverage on low beam but it should give some impressions of result to expect.

DSC01415.JPG DSC01416.JPG DSC01426.JPG DSC01427.JPG

Lamp installed is H4 HB2 9003 Led CREE 40W from CNSUNNYLIGHT on AliExpress.

Happy with improvement :)
  14. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA
  15. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    In my experience led lights in the headlight assembly end up being either too 'leaky' (bothering the people coming the opposite way) or not enough homogeneous. So I've decided to try a somewhat more drastic approach:

IMG_20180625_1131141.jpg IMG_20180625_1131041.jpg

It's a bulb with projector lens incorporated. The low beam is managed by the lens, with the high beam is still using the headlight reflective mirror. Installation was a breeze, actually simpler than usual, as the heat sinker in screw-able. The end result seems vastly better than the previous LED I was using, more homogeneous and certainly more adherent to the road regulations.

IMG_20180625_113501.jpg IMG_20180625_113532.jpg

Later tonight I will try to post some street photos. It can be found as "mini Projector lens H4 LED" in Aliexpress (The one I'm using is the newest model, with better heat sink design).
    Adsun and PaulC like this.
  16. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Took some pictures tonight. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the previous bulb, but believe me when I say that the improvement was dramatic.

Low Beam:

IMG_20180625_221910.jpg

High Beam:

IMG_20180625_221945.jpg
    HV71 and Adsun like this.
  17. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
    Where did you get this thing?
  18. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
  19. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750
  20. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    Keep in mind that the lens is directional, so make sure that you've the right one. I purchased just one bulb from the following:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...738&SearchText=Sukioto projector lens bulb H4

AFAIK they have only left hand drive units, so no Commonwealth or Japan. I couldn't find other vendors selling them in single units. Considering the speed of the shipment, and the excellent communication with the seller, I can easily recommend them.

BTW, installation was a breeze:

IMG_20180625_113559.jpg IMG_20180625_113938.jpg IMG_20180625_114107.jpg IMG_20180625_114331.jpg
    Adsun likes this.