Cyclops Led H4 headlight bulb

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Baddrapp, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Cyclops led headlight bulb. I had to remove the headlight then insert the bulb and replace the housing. I will take it out tonight and see how it works at night.

Led high beam.

[IMG]

Led low beam

[IMG]

Stock high beam

[IMG]

Stock low beam.

[IMG]

Bulb in the housing.

[IMG]

Back of the housing
    [IMG]
    Cyclops headlight bulb in the housing.

[IMG]
    Moff69, Tinken, PaulC and 1 other person like this.
  2. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    We appear to have a good dispersion pattern there, which was my primary concern. I should be getting mine on Monday. I look forward to putting it through its paces.
  3. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Yes, darkness can not come fast enough.
    Moff69 likes this.
  4. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    You guys talked about fan. Is it built in?
  5. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Yes. It is all built into the rear of the bulb and the plug is on a small pigtail. I just got back from a ride. Wow, this thing puts out a lot of light. On the two lane roads I did not get flashed by oncoming cars. On high beam this puts out a lot of light. I like it.
  6. RacerAV Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Honda Ruckus, many others before
    where'd you pick your bulb up? cost?
    thanks!
  7. Baddrapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Tinken and PaulC like this.
  8. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    I finally got around to installing mine today. I'm very impressed. It is easy to install. Nothing confusing at all, just plug and play. The LED seems to mimic a halogen lightform quite well, and there is minimal dispersion in our housing. This seems to be a great solution, and much better than those cheep HID conversions they pimp on eBay.
    Moff69 likes this.
  9. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    must have a good pattern to it then, not those irritating cheapos that throw light everywhere
  10. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    Are you guys still happy with this light? I read a review on adv where a guy liked it at first, but eventually realized he didn't (and removed it). But, that was on a different bike (Honda streetbike).
  11. kyle01 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta 430, Honda CR 144, XS650
    I've had mine in for maybe 5 months and LOVE it. High beam not much to talk about, but the low beam is awesome! Great beam spread and very very white. I added 2 Rigid industries "dually" aux lamps to my bike- one flood and one spot... So I rarely if ever use the high beam. When even one of the Duallys are on you can't even tell that the headlight is shining... Those Duallys are INCREDIBLY bright!
    HV71 likes this.
  12. Glengemen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Raider 1900
    I have bought one for both my bikes. In the TR it is great, big improvement. I ride at night quite a bit. On my Raider the light output is really about the same, possibly a little brighter from the perspective of the rider.

One of the great things about this bulb and the reason I wouldn't pull it out even if it wasn't an improvement is visibility is how much it makes the bike stand out in traffic. The appearance of this bulb compared to the stock halogen helps you not get ran over.
  13. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    Good to know, thanks. I'll add it to my to-do list.
  14. Greg Jetnikoff Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F80R
    Anyone had any problems with the fan bearings yet? That is my main concern. If the fan dies the led will overheat and die. not nice if you are in the dark in the middle of nowhere. Like owning an early Ducati...
    jawjo likes this.
  15. Glengemen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Raider 1900
    I don't think there is any bearings in that little motor, pretty sure it's just a simple little bushed and brushed 12v motor. I wouldn't/don't worry about it. The brushes might eventually wear out, but it would probably start getting loud or I would notice a lack of fan noise as I'm waiting for the cluster to sweep.

I just re-looked at the site and they have a video of them dunking the light in water. Never would have done it with mine, but pretty neat test. I did notice that it is the new style with the plastic housing that I have in my Raider as opposed to the metal housing original style that's in the TR.
  16. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    As others have said, the Cyclops H4 offers a great low beam. The high beam is brighter than stock, but I don't feel it projects as far. The color is a huge plus. It really increases contrast on dark country roads. It also stands out in traffic.

You shouldn't have to worry about the fan either. I ride in the rain frequently and haven't noticed an issue. Also, the fan isn't just going to die. You'll hear if the bushings start to go bad long before it dies. If on the road when that happens, just pick up a stock H4 and stick it in your tailbag just in case. However, you might want to watch this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbY-Xk4y6_k
  17. Greg Jetnikoff Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F80R
    WOW! I guess you are saying it is waterproof then. The obvious upshot of this is that in the long run front glass for the light wont be necessary. That would save weight considerably even where it is plastic and the reflector could be considerably thinner as leds naturally front project bias anyway. Wonder what the fronts of bikes will look like in a few years. Lights may not even need to be in the front of the forks like they are now
  18. ozav8r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150GS, BMWK1200RS
    Got mine installed on the Terra yesterday, after a false start where Cyclops sent me a dodgy unit. They were absolutely great about it though, and promptly replaced it free of charge. I'm mightily impressed by the light coming out of this thing. Easily rivals the HID lights on my GS, and no fuzz install! Highly recommended!!
  19. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    I just bought the Cyclops H4... for those that have swapped the headlight, were you able to do it from the back of the headlight housing (i.e., the easy way)? I was hoping to not have to bother with the adjustment screws on the front, if possible.
  20. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    You have to wrestle with bulb retaining clip to get around the fan on the H4, I dont see it very easy swapping bulbs without removing housing.
    I think I removed the clip entirely, and then finagled it around the fan motor on the base.
    Just count the number of turns on the adjuster until it can be removed, at least it will be some what close when you get it back together.
    Dont do like I did and not loosen the screws on the side of the headlight when adjusting. I probably stripped that nylon nut.
    I might be doing it again, and go back to a halogen bulb.