Craigslist strikes again! WXC350

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by Norman Foley, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Very Nice! Thanks be to God for Craigslist
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cool find Norm :thumbsup: Love it.

My first husky, a used 93 610 with a ported head and uptitie pipe. 60 HP monster.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Norman Foley likes this.
  3. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice ride Norm I'v riden the 350 husky and liked the fiat torque curve very much, CONGRATS!!!
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Thanks Drew. It's quite the tractor. I always liked the "Thrust" of a single cam Husky, as they are faster than they feel. Your Husaberg 350 at the '91 Czech ISDE was lighter and tricker though.
  5. Hwy Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 510TX / '90 250WXE / '87 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KTM 525MXC / '91 KTM 300DXC
    Nice find for sure. Very clean example for this year. Congratulations on the find.

The R.A.L. system is quite unique system for lubrication. The cylinder wall has a small reed port for spraying oil into the cylinder wall from the bottom end and the timing chain carries oil to the valve train.
    That was a Swedish design carried over to the Italian bikes.
  6. Zim Husqvarna
    A Class

Worth mentioning is the Magnet in a little fish shaped plate under the exhaust on the left side of the cylinder,I owned a 350 for 5 years and finally found it by accident just before I swapped it to a mate for a Ducati Pantah,the magnet catches crap on the cam chain
  7. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    '03 Polaris Predator, '86 YZ490
    Norm, excellent find. Super pristine for sure. And I agree, the 92 -93's are just fantastic examples of the 90's era....great balance of function/cosmetic beauty. Daily, I look for a nice TE400/570, but I'd have to admit, I too would find the money for such an example as you found. Nice!
  8. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think George can still create a nice cam profile for this bike and wake its butt up....(if required of cos') :cheers: We also know the duals are holding it back.... a sweet single would do it wonders as well. Obviously a given, but the duals do have that look about them....hard to give up.
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I talked to George about a pipe and cam. Fran Bottone say he has a source for cores for the dual mufflers, so you can open them up for performance, but do a Silent Sport packing to keep sound down. He did this to the stock single muffler on my old TE400 that he has. :cheers:

P.S. Ryan... Nice to see you on the forum. I should have known the Single Cam forum would bring you out!
  10. ryboj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00TE410_01TE570
    Other Motorcycles:
    That sounds great Norm. I'm excited to hear feedback from you as this new "pet" gets some changes/updates and you get a chance to ride her from time to time.

Again, the bike just looks awesome, the styling of these first years in the 90's are hard to beat.

And yes, the thread certainly caught my eye! I was also doing some research for a friend, on the 09/10/11 WR125.... WR144 for that matter. I then got caught in the whirlwind of all the new info I hadn't seen on the latest models, etc. Man.....makes me want another bike, got to be careful about getting back on these boards....haha
  11. batesy Husqvarna
    AA Class

mate that is very clean bike for a 93 model, i just got one in parts i am rebuilding , its hard to get parts down here in aus, so i am trying to source them over in the states...
    good score on that bike mate

cheers from aus.
    justin