1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR/WR/WB 177

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wallybean, Feb 17, 2014.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Why did I open this thread :lol:......... Can't wait to read your ride reports Walt :popcorn:.
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I ordered the bearings I needed by the nr on the bearings (no Kit)

I did get the steel coated ones and I am be happy with it

I do want to make a test set up in a 2 similar pumps and one i want to change the bearings of the electro driver to sea how much it odes make a difference
    Robert-Jan
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Holy smokes walt... You are a tinkerer... Thats for sure!!! Good job buddy. How are you not making millions by now??
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I guess I would have to actually charge enough to make money and up the volume by 1000 fold. Wait then it would become a full time job with a staff......no thanks.
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    JOB ??? IS THE GOLF COURSE NOT UNDER 4 FEET OF SNOW
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Yes the course is under snow but in two weeks the guys come back to work and we are on for 8 months. For me that means pretty much 7 days a week. I keep my evenings free for doing this as it tends to relax me and keep my mind off the BS.
    Xcuvator likes this.
  7. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    ok hears a plan lets all go fubar Walts golf course too a BS free state and keep it that way then verybody buy a wally bean built motor so he dont starve Walt you mite half to start doing some TMs KTMs AND Gasgas maybe a few Fantics..LOL any know if there's a Fantic dealer in the US?
  8. dirt addict Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 cr125
    Walt are you going to test the 144 cylinder with the stroked bottom end too? That would be an interesting combo..... I heard somewhere that close to square is where 2 strokes run best?
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I certainly can but it will be awhile as we just got another dump of snow and it isn't going to go away for a while. I am not really willing to build a specific head spacer for a 144 so I will just have to run it with the cylinder plates and the highly advanced timing. Should scream though. MaxRpms makes that kit and I am sure that there are a few out there. Maybe someone who has one can respond.
  10. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    did the math 125 bore=131.4cc 144 bore = 154.5cc 165 bore = 176.6cc can we go BIGGER?????? Walt:excuseme:
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The bore is maxed out pretty much but there is the possibility to stroke a bit further. It would take some work on the cases and they would start to be a bit thin unless you start to compromise other things like pin diameter. Personally I think the 177 is going to be almost a bit much for the guys that like the ability to just make traction and motor up stuff easily. I won't really know until I have some time on it in the gnarly crap.
  12. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650

Enough with these little bikes, how big can you make a 360? :D

Heh, just kidding, that 360 is as much as I want to handle. Kinda makes you wonder though, hmm...
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Sounds like you are building a trials engine!
    I'm getting used to the 300 Beta power that wheelie outs in sixth(147lbs). To have that kind of lofting power in the tiddler would be a change in riding habits.
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I like the ability to ride a gear high and still pull most anything. That said don't let my comments deceive you into thinking these don't flat out get with the program when you want to. It is just that the 177 tried to kill me initially when I was expecting about the same response as the 165.
  15. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    mmmmmmm how big cuda 360 get 390- 400ish i do know a guy witha 510cc trx250 4wheeler 120bhp did it himself inhouse world record holder sand dragger his shop is full at the moment 2900 hp turbo bbc 67 nova buildin it for hot rod mags drag week its streetable its got a trailer hitch IT IS INSANE
  16. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Drawtite?
    troy deck likes this.
  17. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    yea real tite
  18. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    BUMP, because...177.
    surfer1100 likes this.
  19. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm waiting patiently for Walt to let me know he's got my 177 done. Once I get a few rides on it I will post a full ride review. Cant wait to rip that thing. I race my beta 300 but when it's all about fun I always ride the cr165. If I wasn't a 250 pound A level racer I would probably be on the Husky full time, at my size I can just go faster on the Beta in the races we run here in northern California. Hoping the 177 will give just that bit of extra where It can beat the Beta lap times, then I can have more fun while racing and trail riding.
    454x and john01 like this.
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Look forward to your report.