CONGRATULATIONS ZACH OSBORNE AND HUSQVARNA!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by reveille, May 6, 2017.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not sure why Savagty did what he did but it was not the first time he screwed up during a race this season... Those lanes are side-by-side and his pit had to be telling him ZO was on the way ... He never makes excuses though and might even be a little hard on himself ... Life is full of excuse makers and oh-so-many who will never admit they were wrong ... Narcissist types are ~100% like this ..

Here are JS words on that race: Again, I do not understand why he did not know what was happening but I'm OK with this young American rider.

Joey Savatgy: (14th in 250SX) “It’s unfortunate I keep making these mistakes. We learned a lot this year and I’m looking forward to moving on and rebounding from this season. It was a rollercoaster season to say the least. What happened on the last lap I didn’t see coming and should have. I would have probably done the same thing in that situation, but it hurts being on the losing end of a take out.”

-- The ZO move ..

I'm not one to justify running over guys and saying 'that is racing' but in this case, ZO came from dead-last++ on championship night. He had no business catching Savatgy or Smith but there it is right in front of you. JS had the inside line in the whoops and for whatever reason, gave it up to ZO in the corner. Anyone and everyone who has ever raced knows to protect the inside line. It is really baffling to me. I just lay it off to young riders.
    zo111.jpg

ZO is actually in the lead here ...
    z01.jpg

z011.jpg

All 3 of those riders on that board want a 450 ride ... Hill seems the best suited and factory Yamahammer should have an open slot next yr ... These guys seem pretty cool even in the lame press conferences that was invented this yr.
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    In addtition to ZO's amazing championship and JA cleaning out Reedy and pouncing for the moto win, rookie MX2 Husky rider TKO19 won his first moto and overall the same weekend :banana:
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    awesome weekend for HUSQVARNA . I hope there are alot more just like it.
    BILLF likes this.
  4. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    then ZO domintaes in the outdoor series this past weekend and Paulin take 3rd overall at Teutschenthal. keep that HUSKYsteamroller going boys !!!
    bigjon, BILLF and ray_ray like this.
  5. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    yeah, Zach was strong at Hangtown.

but shit, I can't believed he got fined for that move in Las Vegas. Savatgy should've been fined for not being situationally aware.

RIP Nicky.
    BILLF, Kevin_TE250 and reveille like this.
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey- another congratulations is due Zach! 250 National MX Champion (aka outdoors). way to go. It's been a long time coming- those years in Europe ("Zach who?") are worth it now.
    reveille, BILLF and NCSteve like this.
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Yeah, am suprised no one said it sooner. SX title is great, but MX still means more to me and the rest of the world too, I think. Husky is rising to the top in MX now also, contending in both MX2 and MXGP and 2 out of 3 on MXoN team. Really happy to see the old marque back on top after 30 years.
    Maybe KTM will resurrect Maico next :banana:
    reveille, Kam1, BILLF and 1 other person like this.
  8. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    And he raw dogged the piss out of his 250! Man the clutch was smoking and the mechanics were sweating asking him to go easy on the bike. The Husky held together strong and another championship is in the books
    NCSteve likes this.
  9. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Let's hope he ends the season on a high note and carries the confidence into the MXdN.
  10. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    He's looking dominant and practically unstoppable. Looking forward to seeing him mix it up with the MX2 guys at the USGP. That class is loaded with talent and speed again this year.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  11. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    are US riders going to ride the USGP in big numbers?

I think Seely, Osborne and Covington are a stronger MXdN teamUSA than a lot of people are saying. Of course the french are strong, brits too. Italians should be in contention.
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Well the deadline for entries has passed, but I don't find a list of riders yet.

I think it's a strong team too. Seely isn't our best, but he's fast and smart. Osbourne is a no-brainer if he's willing and able to go. Covington has been pushing to the top this year and is an NC boy! See last weeks MX2 moto 2 in Sweden for an example :thumbsup:
  13. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    Zach O on a 450 next year one would think.
  14. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    MIAs: marvin, seely, bogle, peick, craig, davalos, wilson
    no surprise: baggett

it's not a great showing of AMA riders, but it is a step above the alessi-chislom type that show up most time.

[IMG]
    NCSteve likes this.
  15. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    ...and MX2 (frome Racer X)

MIAs: osborne, mcelrath, j-mart, plessinger

good to see the new kid Justin Cooper- I wish youthstream (or whoever) would make it cheap to race.

[IMG]
    gaz and NCSteve like this.
  16. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Nice find, thanks! Was really hoping to see ZO line up with the MX2 guys. Looks like TC64 and TKO19 are the best hope for Husky in MX2.
    Glad to see JB51 back, too bad JA can't make it :( should be more great racing :cheers:
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  17. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  18. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Yep well done ZO, thouroughly deserved wins in and outdoors. He was really enjoyable to watch - from a fox subsciber sitting on his lounge half a world away, and that is what this display is all about.It will be super interesting to see how he gos on the big bikes. Hopefully Hunter Lawrence and Haydn Melross make a good showing at the USGP.
  19. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    So what's ZO do for an encore after winning the 2017 250 championship? Goes 1/1 at the Iron man. NICE!!
    Crashaholic likes this.
  20. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    And then rip it at MXoN :cheers:
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.