CONGRATULATIONS ZACH OSBORNE AND HUSQVARNA!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by reveille, May 6, 2017.

1. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Man what a great 250 main! Good to see Husqvarna on top again. How many times did the points lead change? Wild ride
    Crashaholic, bigjon and Big Timmy like this.
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    And another congratulations to JA21! Taking out Reed and then taking the win was priceless.
    bigjon likes this.
  3. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Lots of bumping dam dungey another championship. Was hoping tomac was gonna take it
    jimjim likes this.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    250 race was epic. Hard pass by Osborne man he was goin hard!

Reed was charging. I think dungey was lucky Anderson took him out as I reckon ol reedy woulda punted dunge given half a chance. Tomac's take out ploy almost worked! I guess he had to take the chance in forsaking a race win for possible championship win. Well done dungey...again

Reckon dunge will retire? Judging by reed's pants he's done!
    bigjon and Big Timmy like this.
  5. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Didn't notice reeds pants....

I'd say the champ is done....

Zach was straight killer
    steadydirt likes this.
  6. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    The cheap antics by Tomac on the last 2 laps forcing Dungey high were lame. Especially sice the passes Dungey made on Tomac were clean. I had to laugh when Tomac held up Dungey and Anderson flew past for the win. Priceless
  7. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    Every time Tomac passed Dungey he tried to take him out. If you have to take someone out to win to me that means they are better
    steadydirt, reveille and Big Timmy like this.
  8. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    250's- Racing
    450's -Pacing
    2premo and reveille like this.
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    No kidding. Everytime ZO went past a camera, his bike was pinned! He was putting the spurs to her! Witnessing him go from prying his bike apart at the start crash to passing Savathy and taking the championship was amazing imho
  10. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    both races were great. I can't believe how Savatgy blew it- that was a mental melt-down. I was on the edge of my seat pulling for Zach. Hill cruised the whole race and pulled a 2nd- he might be a force in the 450s.

Tomac had no choice but to keep the pace slow- bunching 'em up was his only hope. Good to see Jason on the top box... although I'd would've been stoked to see Chad there. Congrats to Dungey. I read he got boo'ed when he was making some comments in an interview, but didn't see that or Fox didn't show it. Probably something about Ely I would guess; Ely didn't have much of a choice. It's pretty hard to get into Dungey's head (unless your name is Reed, that is).

my only bitch: 450 main start! wtf, who wants to watch rear tires!? That ain't exciting, and it sure isn't "artsy".

great season. good live coverage.
    ray_ray likes this.
  11. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Fair enough. How would zacs last slam into poor ol savo rate in the lame cheap antic stakes by comparison. Spose he only did it once.
    ray_ray likes this.
  12. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Savagty left the door so wide open- I have no idea what he was thinking.
    oldbikedude and ray_ray like this.
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    First off, my hats off to ZO, Husqvarna Dirt Bike Rider, and his championship. He rode like a man among boys for the entire season but fell off the points lead due to bad luck in a race or 2.

TC, not sure on Savagty either ... Watched him a couple yrs now, including hanging it out against Coop in the outdoors last yr... He seemed tired or something by letting ZO catch him and then giving up the inside line in that corner... It was his and ZO came over when Savagty made that weak turn ...

Do they still make Husqvarna motorcycles? lol

Lame? Eli Tomac riding was lame? Please.. Nine overwhelming wins this yr in sx? The USA rider who twice handed Europes' best riders their butts last yr on our soil... One of only 4 riders to ever whip all 450s rider on 250cc bike in the history of MxDN racing, is lame? I beg to differ. Plus RD5 and ET3 have always raced everyone clean as far as I can remember. RD5 has < zero reason give anyone crap in this final race with the championship on the line.

So yep, you are very correct there on RDs' passing of ET3. At what point did you realize what ET3 strategy was to pull off a come from behind championship in an almost impossible situation? Did the train of riders towards the end of the race look weird? 450cc SX racing in the states does not have trains at the front of the lead riders. I've never seen 1 rider control an entire race like ET3 did and he almost pulled it off. Might never see it again because it was a very unique situation that allowed a rider to attempt what ET3 attempted. First off, you have to have the mental capacity to dream it up and then the ability to perform it under race conditions.

Certainly glad JA, Husqvarna Dirt Bike Rider, got a win this yr and I'm sure he knows why he got this one .. At this point in this race and the season, other than a podium pay-check or some other unknown thing, not finishing first was not overly important to ET...He did all he could to disrupt RD from easily rolling to another championship as we have seen so so often in the past.

JA, Husqvarna Dirt Bike Rider, quite possibly saved the day for RD with that cr pass. That move eliminated 3 points from the championship points saga that was gonna play out on those final turns. Now, those championship points could only be removed from RD with a RD crashing or something else because there were no other riders close enough to affect the points total for that race. MM (steel frame rider) was out, Baggett (steel frame rider) went where(?), and Wilson was too far back.

ET needed another player :) Grant might have saved his job and KAWI should bring up Hill as an attempt to stop the steel-framed bikes from winning everything. I'm steel framed forever so I am AOK with Japan looking on from the stands if they even stay around for the last podium of the day.

I do not think that ET3 was trying to take RD out. Most obvious reason to say that is, the fact that RD5 was not taken out. These are the worlds' best SX racers, RD5 and ET3 on top currently. If they want to take each other is out, it is almost a no-brainer. Rattling his cage sounds a lot closer to what was happening on the track. And you gotta give it to RD5, he did not crack under all that pressure. Not sure why he kept opening to door for ET3 but he did not crack.

Let's take a closer look at ET3s' work on each of his passes on RD5... He hardly ever touched him really. Again, these are the worlds best SX riders at the top of their game. Almost childs play for these guys but all the marbles are on the line so composure and professionalism is essential here to avoid mistakes.

First, let's try to establish what a top-of-the-line SX take out move is and how top professional riders execute this move for the adolescent ones here on this subject.

Number 1:

Notice Grant is heading right for Malcolms' front tire. Crossing the ruts are another clue but it is the angle and front tire attach that tells it all. Notice Malcolm is leading towards Grant in defense... He has a clue and is a professional rider also :).
    grant_takeout.jpg

Number 2:

A little hard to tell what JA did exactly, but he crosses the track and takes reeds line away for sure and seems to ride him off the track...But I can't really tell from this angle. This is another professional take-out move possibility. Risky yes because JA could have went down also. Again, these are PRO riders at the top level. These guys put their bikes and all other parts where they want to put it.
    anderson1.jpg
    If you actually watch the race, you'll see JA get hung on the top of that take-off ramp...Just like you or me might have done before. Dirt bike racing is dirt bike racing once on the track.

There are the t-bone and a couple other moves but you should an idea of how PRO riders take each other out and some ignorance of the 'take-out move' should be ~eliminated now..
    268fords and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Pass 1.

Plenty of room between riders, RD might have hit ET rear tire on exit and that would be RD fault but nothing here to say ET3 tried to take RD out. Just a slow motion ~block pass at best.

eli1.jpg

Another angle.
    eli11.jpg
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Pass 2
    This one is a little more questionable. ET might have hit RD front tire if RD was in that rut. Being in a rut sort of locks a rider into a line, as Malcolm is above, so a riders options are less in avoiding a passing rider taking him out.

In any event, RD should not have left the door wide open on championship night. He should now be very aware on NOT passing ET3 anymore and giving ET another shot at him. He has no real reason to beat ET tonight and when he did pass, nothing but air stopped him from pulling away and ending all this.
    Eli2.jpg
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Pass 3

This one shows ET was not gonna take RD out. Yes he came over and crowded RD but you can see ET front tire is turned away from RD bike. Looks like 2-3 inches are between their front tires. Can ya dig PRO racing?
    eli3.jpg

Second photo clearly shows space between the riders and ET does not take away the top line where RD5 is riding ... ET could have mauled him there and he did not. Again, RD should not have passed ET doing the quad but again ET skills and track awareness came to the top. This last ET pass was due to RD trying to out-sprint ET to the finish after he passed ET on a slow, slow corner very close to the finishline ..
    eli31.jpg
    Yes, that is a Husqvarna Dirt Bike Rider squaring that corner in the the background. Jason Anderson by name. Finished 4th in the 2017 SX Championship. JA is top shelf in the young riders and can win a championship in the next few yrs with a little luck and no crashes.

Ain't that a cool pic. The 4 top riders just a few corners from the finish. Two laps down or not but I still ride with JB and remember the kicking he gave the French on their home turf.

--
    Bring on the MX season ... ~Same 250\450 riders and same flags ... Word is the EU guys are coming over again :) Ain't that cool?

The crowd booed because RD used the term cheap-shot at his first interview immediately after the race. Myself, I was surprised the crowd was so aware of the racing that quick after the finish. LV, you might just be Impressive!

RD is a great 7time 450cc champion and has done things no one else has accomplished like his 010 season ... My hat is off to him and I'd like to see him return but after all the pathetic talk from the sports keyboard heros and 'expert sports writers', if he walks, I do not blame him. Using him like a whipping boy in so many shallow articles is not excusable in my book. BTW, if you see a floating airport, please let me know and I'll send it to some responsible Americans..lol
    Good night Irene :)
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  17. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    What happened to Marvin- why did he retire from the race?
  18. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    The Russian's made Marvin stop its part of the conspiracy. They wanted ET. (LOL)
    bigjon likes this.
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    What happened to MM? I had to go back and watch the race again with the volume turned up this time ... The necessary color guys are not a necessity for all of us ... Heard nothing there but he went down at the same time this pic showed that he had pulled in the pits.
    mm3.jpg
    MM is off the board here ... Color guys still do not seem to understand what is happening on the track at this point ...Some one did finally notice that a train-train is forming behind ET...

Here is MM place at one point in the race. About as far forward as he obtained. MM2.jpg
    MM has whipped about everyone in front of him this entire 16 previous races except for the top 2 riders... Maybe he did crash or maybe he just does not want anymore heat from the top of the CORP world in the USA? He does have a contract signed and has always seemed like an awfully nice guy his entire career that I have witnessed.

What ever that pull-over move was last race, maybe it was a MM bubble-buster? Many of us are naive at an early age in life but if you keep your eyes open and can see&listen, or move up the ladder far enough or get to sit in some meetings, you might get your bubble-popped with what you learn. Might wanna ask BB what his small crash was about? Probably nothing really .... JA had the deal covered :)
    --

Maybe our foreign friends mentioned above are using the tactics below? Maybe someone closer? Ain't the world so small today and are people getting smaller? I gotta say this again, life in this 2nd century I am living in is certainly different from the 1st century I was born and raised in. Husqvarna still makes motorcycles, correct?

And I've read nothing on what happened to MM or BB ..

Blackmail.
    is an act, often a crime, involving unjustified threats to make a gain (commonly money or property) or cause loss to another unless a demand is met.
  20. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    True. No situational awareness whatsoever. Poor bloke ended up being a battered sav....
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.