Clutch Slave + STM Slipper = No Go

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Terri_One, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Terri_One Husqvarna
    AA Class

We tried to install the 7602 pistons onto two SMR bikes (2006 510SMR, 2007 450SMR). Both bikes have slipper cltuch. On the 510 SMR, it takes much force to tighten the cylinder to the bike, so that does not feel right. On the 450 SMR, the slave cylinder goes in easier, bit the clutch was engaged.

I am thinking of grinding down the shaft. But before i do this, can i ask if anyone has similar experience?

Thanks,
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I think what's happening is that the slipper clutch is a slightly different height than the stock clutch and that is causing the clutch push rod to be pushed farther to the slave cylinder side of the engine. This has happened before with customers that have rekluse type clutches in their bikes. Here is a link to that thread and how the owner solved the problem.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/clutch-slave-rekluse-no-go.11132/#post-108654

Of course mix matching aftermarket components can often result in situations like this.
  3. Terri_One Husqvarna
    AA Class

HI Carl, i read that thread you refer. I would like to start grinding down the rod. But first i want to get a spare rod so that in case i make any mistakes i can still switch back to original parts and get going.