Clutch help

Discussion in '610/630' started by EricV, Mar 24, 2019.

1. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    The master cylinder on SM630 leaked from very early km's.
    Went through two Magura repair kits about 1500km apart from each other.

Eventually discovered that the old KTM 950 Super Enduro used an identical Magura unit, just the main body is black and not silver like the stock Husqvarna unit.
    Have had it on for 2500km now and so far so good.:)
    The quality overall quality seems better than the stock Husky unit.

Gonna replace the leaky one on my TE630 with the KTM unit soon.

KTM Part No. 60002030000
  2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Thanks Brutha!

I did get the Magura 167 perch/lever/master (w/ enrichener level attachment) and the day before yesterday my Oberon slave cylinder showed up. I had replaced (quite some weeks back, now) the o-ring in the Magura slave, but sure enough that failed w/in about 300 miles.

Tonight after work I'll be installing the new bits and, hopefully, this ends my clutch woes, for now (sorry for the pessimism, but I've not much confidence in the juice systems seeing as mine's been a bit of a pain all along.)
  3. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    why mount a pump 10.5 mm when the standard pump is 9.5 mm in diameter? in this way, due to the clutch lever moving, we will have a greater movement of the actuator
  4. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    Bigger master piston may make it easier to find neutral (if it is difficult,in mine is not) while adding little more resistance to use. Clutch is so light,i believe more force to use is not a deal braker.
  5. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Don’t know, as I didn’t. The master I bought is a 9.5mm. The bleeding didn’t go as smoothly as other times, but full swap done and all works as it should. Hopefully no more leaking (won’t fully trust for a bit so will keep an eye on fluid level, but should be good now.)

Thank you, everyone, for your input/guidance!
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  6. nikote630 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

Hi EricV, I'm dealing with the same issue currently - the OEM clutch mc is leaking from the plunger. Have a 2011 TE630.
    Would you be able to provide an update how the Magura 167 has performed? Also was the 167 a direct match with the oberon slave? And did you continue using the same mineral oil you were using previously?

Based on scouring the web, seems like the magura 167 is the best option. There are some 9.5mm Brembo MC's but none of those seem to have the deco lever bolt on.

Looking forward to your reply and appreciate the help!
  7. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Hey there. Very sorry for the delayed response! Pretty rare I check here these days (though I still have the 630- at around 23K miles now.)

Yes on all. My Magura has held up great- no further issues in all of this time. Used the stock hydraulic line (down to the slave) and that bolted right onto the Oberon. Used mineral oil from the pharmacy- no issues. It’s all been tight/closed all of this time and working great.

By now you probably have yours set, but again apologies for the delay.
  8. nikote630 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Hi EricV, no worries! Didn't expect a response since this thread is 2 years old but I'm gladly surprised haha.

Amazing. The husky is surely trodding on then by the sound of it.
    I did purchase the oberon slave already but didn't yet pull the trigger on the 167. Shall put an order in right away with this reassurance.

Can't wait to take the husky for longer rides on the forest service roads up here in BC, now without worrying about clutch issues ;)
    Thanks for the reply Eric, really appreciate the help!

Happy riding!
  9. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    You bet man- and you’re right about enjoying the peace of mind knowing you don’t have to worry about the clutch.

Great, great bikes, these are. Sure there’s some niggling things that have to be squared away, but well worth it (and such is the case with any bike, really.)

Enjoy and be safe!