Chad Reed - Husky for 2014

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by dukepilot, Sep 1, 2013.

1. PBM457 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350SXF 2004 RM250
    Okay. I stand corrected. He is running Ohlins on his KTM. This was confirmed by a friend who deals with him on occasion. My apologies. I figured they would be Showa as that's what I was told he wanted to run.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    thread derailment from the Reed crash viddy, so I get really tummy sick and head over to local Coronado Hospital to check why my insides feel like they are exploding.......attending ER Doc.... Dr Bodnar the MX/SX Aterisk medical guy thats on site in that Reed crash viddy. Got me dialed in but after dealing with those guys on regualar basis....I felt like a wimp.
    http://asterisksuperpass.com/ammc-team/
    Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
    268fords likes this.
  3. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    That is kinda cool. I messed my knees up pretty bad a couple years ago at a very whoopy GP race. Finally get to doctor, young woman, tri-athlete. She checks me out, listens to me whine while she pokes and prods, looks at me with pity and gives me the walk-it-off speech....It only took 8 months, but she was right.
  4. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
  5. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Hell ya! Been saying this forever!
    BILLF likes this.
  6. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hutchs bike (the one Norm speaks of) has the tightest, snappiest, mean sounding motor I ever heard. Stands up at attention right off idle!
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

7th brand too.....Husqabergvarna
  9. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    You mean if they pay. It costs bucks the play in the AMA
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im smiling as I read our SoCal MX forum those guys have no clue about the fact (that KTM owns Husky now) that if they see a Husky in AMA pro moto it will be a KTM in different clothes. They are sounding death knell notices for Reed if he goes to the worst, weakest, POS Husky mxer.
  11. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah I keep reading about how the new Huskies will suck in MX and aren't going to make it. I can't help but think, Dungey's doing well on it :)
    water racer and robertaccio like this.
  12. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    This is exactly why I don't think this is a good move for Husky. A good portion of the mx public has no idea that the new husky is the same thing as a current KTM. The only way I see this being a good move for Husky is if Reed drastically improves his results from 2013. Not impossible for Reed and his talent, but I have my doubts that he will be standing on the podium consistently in 2014. I guess time will tell. :excuseme:
  13. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, it seems 90% of the MX world ( well, actually the non Husky riding world ) has no idea what's going on with the KTM take over of Husky. I heard some guys talking the other day and I wanted to try and explain it to them, but I just ignored it and went on.
  14. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    It's not a take over by ktm its by Pierer Who also owns most of ktm. Isn't it?
    Everyone keeps saying ktm owns husqvarna motorcycles but it doesn't
    PBM457 likes this.
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:

Technically true, however todays Husqvarna Press Release is addressed from Murrieta, CA which is the KTM headquarters..

For practical purposes KTM is managing Husqvarna in the US at least.
  16. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Managing and owning are very different things
  17. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:

Lets put it this way, we are all casual MX watchers and even though he is having a modest year we all know who 22 is.....there are only a dozen riders you can say that about. Once Peick and Reed are Husky mounted then people will start to learn what a Husky is...holeshot gets a mention and an explanation, as does a crash, t-bone or anything else...broken bikes are the only bad news, and weve almost forgotten Dungeys start with the flat air shock last winter anyway...the announcers will love a reason to talk about something new...Peick is a double win - someone new on something new.
    MikeB likes this.
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:

Not to the average dirt bike rider :D ...but you are correct. It matters little who holds the stock, what matters is who is making decisions.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I rode a WR250 that had nothing more that a high comp head and race gas and it was a fire breather. Stock pipe too. Freaking fast bike with instant throttle response.
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ps just because reeds bike on his post is white KTM plastic doesnt mean he'll be on different bike, it may just be a 22 racing KTM, just like any other satelite team kinda like the Alessi Suzuki or JGR Yamaha. Or any number of 4 wheel and 2 wheel teams that use a particular brand as a base, due to what ever deal they can make to get that brand....from some support to no support etc etc.
    PBM457 likes this.