Chad Reed - Husky for 2014

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by dukepilot, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That bike or one just like it sits at Bills Shop. Fun to look at. No, he will not sell it, asked several times.
  2. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll go with Reed and Peick together on team 22. Be good for Reed to be around a hungry and skilled youngster - be good for Peick to be around a guy who's been there and done that.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I think he's going to be on a Husky. Not that I really care, but that's what I think. :oldman:
    tommytwostroke and robertaccio like this.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Some Pics of the one at Bill's.[IMG]

[IMG]
    mkfox and dukepilot like this.
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:

Peick is perfect for this job, and Reed isnt going to hurt. Unless DeCoster/Dungey is going to switch to the Big H, then we need a functional team ready to go.
    Motosportz and dukepilot like this.
  6. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    I sure would like to find a set of those graphics for my 04 CR 125! DKNY is kind of a fruity brand, but who cares, that bike looks badass!
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have seen them pop up on ebay a time or two, probably about your only bet on snagging some.
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    No, he rides a Honda now and other riders do much better on a Honda (eg: Barcia).
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    me too, its been a while but Ive seen them pop up before as well.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Friend's everyday rider is an ex FBF, Steve Lamson CR250. He runs a WR ignition, but the motor is still magic. He has my old '00 WR250, that he want's to get going again as a woods bike. When that's done the CR250 will go back to straight MX duty.
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    My point exactly. Right now public opinion is that something is wrong with Chad. He is sick, past his prime, or he just can't gell with the new Honda. If he rides a KTM next year and has the same results public opinion will be the same as this year since Dungey can win on it. But if it is a Husky and he finishes the same as this year public opinion will be that Husky's suck. Even though the bike will be very close to what Dungey is riding. Most punk teenagers who only follow MX don't give a crap if KTM owns husky and probably don't even know they own husky. So they have even less chance of knowing that next years KTM's and next years Husky's will be almost the same bike.
    WoodsChick and dukepilot like this.
  12. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    They don't make tracks like that anymore.
  13. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300

If Reed is healthy, he is way faster than Dungey. Don't forget Millville,
    View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1-NPF08AKA
    , blowing by RV2 for the lead, big crash, then gets back on for a 14th place finish. He's definitely the toughest guy riding AMA MX/SX today.
  14. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310

That's a KTM. He would never go to a Husky. It would be a bad idea on his part if he did.
  15. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

It would be a good thing as a start back into US SX and MX for KTMs "Huskies".

CRs got a team set up (how he's managed to pay such a top level of employees has also impressed / puzzled me), ready to go.

He reportedly just knocked back RCH - I think he does want to "keep the dream alive" - that of being a Team owner, and staying in the MX industry.

Him not getting another rider / riders has been a great fault of his team efforts, I think. Each time he's been hurt / sick, he's not out there getting attention for his sponsors. With the US only being the land of milk and honey for a select few, he could have had riders of the level of Peick - of which there are a few, for a US rider - or other Aussie riders to bring through. It's been a head scratcher as to why he hasn't had at least another rider. Maybe he's only just been able to pay his existing employees/ run the team?

All that I've heard and read, points to a good relationship with Decoster, And Dungey. He has a great reputation for being a good development rider, and, if healthy, he's still a top 10 /5 rider. In a land where so many believe their racing series are the best in the world, that is surely a decent rider...............?

As I wrote - he's got a Team Structure in place, he appears to still want to be a Team owner, and he's still quite a reasonable rider. With the bikes from Roger, and the power of KTM behind him, it would be a good thing for all parties involved, I reckon.
  16. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310

Big 6? What is the 6th brand? I count 5. Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki, and Kawasaki.
  17. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husqvarna, if they play.
    Big and Husky and bbc like this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Husqvarna
    Big and Husky likes this.
  19. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300

Don't forget in 2012 SX season, 6 points behind RV2 in the championship and 0.56 RV2 on the track
    View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3JpxwWQMVQ

He's the only guy racing that has the parts to ride as fast as RV2.
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310

Gotcha.