Ceramic Exhaust Coating for Header & Y pipe

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Matt Crawley, Jun 8, 2017.

1. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar

yes. Spring, ball and washer form the valve which is located in the center chamber. I don't remember how they belong together but it is not too difficult to figure out. I think the ball sits inside the spring which pushes the washer away from the ball so that vapor can escape. Fuel would push the washer against the ball and close the little hole in the washer so that the fuel cannot escape. Something like that.
  2. Martinehijo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada 2013
    I tryied different combinations and the one that worked better was: left chamber houses the ball alone, it´s grooved so to keep the appropiate diameter for the ball size. The right chamber houses the spring and the washer sits above the spring, or mayby bellow. Thanks again for your help
  3. Mark_H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Strada; 2015 Nuda 900R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XRM 125, Kawasaki Curve 115

Throw them away. Ethanol is the problem, it causes the ball and spring to stick up.
    I would rather the bike leaked a little fuel if it ever fell over than have it expand the tank or blow fuel in my face.
    Lets face it, with the valve intact there is more chance of blowing the tank up and or getting sprayed with fuel than there is of the bike falling over.

Had my Nuda Downpipes coated in Ceramic Volcan Black from Performance 1 Coatings in the UK, awesome job and not too expensive at GBP 144 for both pipes. (total length 2.9m)
    duibhceK likes this.
  4. gullywasher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ6, Beta 300RR
    As a Terra owner who, upon removing the filler cap to fuel up at a gas station, has had nearly 2 gallons of fuel errupt from the fuel tank into a violent geyser that covered, me, the bike and everything within a 20 radius with gasoline, I second the motion to just toss the relief valve components in the trash.

I ride mostly off-road and have dropped the bike many times. Very little fuel leaks out during an off.

Now back to our regular programming on ceramic coatings...
  5. Martinehijo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada 2013
    Hey Gullywasher, so the geyser was due to the relief valve??, you did realy had a huge preassure buildup. I´ll toss the components in the trash right away.
  6. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    When the relief valve fails pressure builds up and as soon as you open the tank cap, fuel will spray all over.
    Getting rid of that valve was one of the first mods I ever did on the bike.