1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Carb leaking gas from float bowl drain

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by BCVisin, Mar 12, 2009.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm having a similar problem ... my 08 TXC250 drips gas slowly, very slowly out the over flow line on the bike after it is parked for a while and I was trying to stop this leak by adjusting the float....Now the bike will not start as I have cut off too much fuel I believe ....

When this o-ring in the valve seat went bad, how did your CARB act? I've seen the floats hang or have dirt in them and gas will just pour out of them in this case... Mine was just a slow, non-consent drip of sorts...
  2. BCVisin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, mine was also a slow drip/leak. The issue is the oring discussed earlier in this thread. That's how I fixed mine. It's like $3 for a new one. Replace it and it stops the leak 100%.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep, this seems to have been my issue also ... :) I did not have the correct 0-ring but I did have a JD-jetting kit and so I used the smaller one from this kit and it was a little small, but so far, no leaks!
  4. Hiya
    Out of all of this discussion can anyone tell me the standard float height settings for the carb? I suspect around 9mm but cant find it in the manuals. Ta
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I think I read that same number also for the setting ...
  6. kickitagain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Dave, thanks for this old post. My o-ring was also shot. Just had my lower end rebuilt and the mechanic replaced the float needle because it was leaking gas. Was still leaking when I got it home. The o-ring was brittle and cracked. Guess the 2006 is getting old.
  7. mikebru Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250; 2012 TE449; 2005 TE450
    Mine did the same thing. I thought I was doing a good thing by cleaning out the carb and it's parts. I guess I never put the o-ring back.

I ordered all new parts and an o-ring came with the parts. I took mine apart and didn't see the o-ring. Once I installed the new one, no leaks.
  8. kickitagain Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had a large set of various size nitrile o-rings. Went with the 7 X 1.5 mm. From what I found on the net it should be compatatable with gas. If I find otherwise I'll update my post. It's working now anyway.