1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Buying a 2009, TE 450 or TE 510?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by UncleRed, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    What no Ossa's? So how is the bike behaving?
  2. UncleRed Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey, I forgot about Ossa! I'll see if they have any hanging around. Still waiting for the call to come and get the bike.........waiting....
  3. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow. Sorry to hear you havent been enjoying the 450 te. I found out there was one at a shop within a few hrs away from me for what I feel was a smokin deal. I did everything by phone on the way to pick the bike up plus insurance. Arrived at the shop a few minutes after they were closed and signed my name on the few dotted lines. Grabbed the keys and on the way home I went.

The 510 has the grunt to enjoy big fun wheelies in all the gears...maybe not 6th. The 450 has some grunt just not as fat of a hit. I need to drop a gear or two to throw a tire up high if I'm floating down a fireroad in 5th or 6th. Now for the singletrack I am in utter love on how this scooter rips thru the trees. The motor is pure joy. I can the feel of the rear end finding traction in slick terrain. I do want that extra torque of the 510 but I dont need it. I'll just add 2 teeth on the rear and save a grand.

Order your big tank now
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just put my beloved 06 TE 450 on the market today. It has been the most reliable of bikes. Not one and I stress not one mechanical failure. being an older rider I guess she was never pushed hard though. I am probably going to get the 310-more appropriate for some who passed his mid 50's some time ago. I know you will love your new 450 they are just great. have ridden the 08 and 09's and they are majic.
  5. UncleRed Husqvarna
    AA Class

Talked Craig at the shop and all the bike needed was it's road testing and a couple miles put on it. It was rain and wind all day yesterday so no road rides. I'm hoping for a Thursday pick up! I had them install some OFG radiator guards otherwise it's stock. Can't wait!
  6. UncleRed Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's Here ....[IMG]:thumbsup: Got some Swedish beer,...[IMG] used to drink it in my youth. I wasn't sure what to get, Italian beer??, German beer?? I still think Sweden when I think Husky! I got a Hyde skid plate so far and the O.F.G. radiator brace/guards we'll see what else as I break it in. And here it is meeting some of it's garage mates![IMG]:cheers:
  7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bloody beauty mate. Well done.
  8. Wombat Boy Husqvarna
    C Class

Don't know much guys, but just got a new 09 510 and saved a pant load over the new 010's. It reminds me of my old 94 CR 500 Honda. Not quite the scary kind of power but a lot of grunt. Put a 13 tooth on it so that I could actually get out on the freeway for a short run at 60 or so.

It is an awesome machine. I love it. I do not know much about the 450, but the 510 is a gas in the moutians and Death Valley. I am in my mid 50's and have no desire to do any MX'ing.

Love my sexy Swedish, Itailian and German mistress.:applause:
  9. TE450_guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wombat Boy,

I too am in my 50's, picked up the 09 - TE450 and love it. Still trying to run enough kms to get to my first service. To help with this, I changed out the T13/T47 sprockets to a T15/T44 combo which gives me much more top end speed, I than removed the stock tires and installed Kenda K270, 5.10 and 3.25 street/trail tires, so I'll stop dropping the bike in rainy weather. The PU kit and these changes make the bike great for those rides to the trails.

I also removed the exhaust baffle and installed a custom made unit and now it is 4 db quieter without losing any performance, ... for slipping through town without the police staring at me. The plan is to break-in the bike and get to the valve adjustment and oil/filter change and then it time to run the bike hard. I have a variety of sprockets and they don't take long to change with the same chain so I'm good to go for a variety of different riding situations.

One more thing, my gas mileage looks to be coming in around 135 kms per tank (80 miles per tank, on the road mostly), higher then I expected and it will only get better as the engine loosens up and the T15 sprocket (which I installed yesterday) gets factored into the next tank full. The plan is to be able to ride my bike up to 50 miles to get to some trails and tracks that I like riding on. Again, love this bike!
  10. ex-xt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a clone mixed italian/swedish
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM 300 , RE himalayan 410
    Hello guys .
    Now I am preparing a big ride with my new, kind of "cooler " clone of the 09' TE 510.
    It is 51 HP, linear EFI and curve .
    The matter is maintenance intervals . iF you tell me yours ( the TE 510 is 59 HP) , as I do not ride hard, i will put at least 50% on it :applause::banana: