BRMoto Beefy Rear Rack... truly beefy :)

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Coffee, Jul 16, 2013.

1. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Got my order in late Friday night, can't wait for Thursday. My SE-540 case will be here tomorrow, so I'll be ready to mate the two together when the rack arrives.

With the 3 weeks of rain I've had here, it'll be awesome to have the dry storage room for the rain gear/dry work clothes. Now to figure out my next camping trip to give it the full test.
    Coffee likes this.
  2. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere

Thursday for me too. :applause:
  3. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Is there a link somewhere to order the rear rack and did it end up being usable without side racks/ Kind of lost track on which thread is which here. THx
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  5. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Thx Coffee. Much appreciated.
    Coffee likes this.
  6. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Any guesses who is NOT going to be staying late at work tonight? I got my SE-540 Tuesday, it seems to be about the perfect size for what I was wanting. Hopefully I'll have it all together and can post up some pictures tonight.
    Untitled.png
    bluegopher likes this.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Ok, my beefy rear rack showed up on Wednesday as expected, and it was installed Thursday morning. I removed the prototype rack, and installed the production rack, which took almost no time at all once the rear supports were figured out. Ideally those could be labeled so there would be no ambiguity - right side up on one of them, left side up on the other one would work.

However... I have attached to the rear rack a box, and I thought I would use some of the lock nuts from the prototype rack hardware on some bolts I got from Ace Hardware... after about 2 hours I finally figured out that the rear rack uses metric threads, and the bolts I was trying to use them on was non-metric. :banghead:
  8. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Mine came yesterday, it was too dark to take pictures since I stopped at the local Mexican joint for some grub on my way back from the hardware store.

I still had my "extra" hardware from the side racks install. You'll want to be sure you have that handy as the rear rack does not include some of those items which will be necessary. The shorter bolts that go in place of the stock rack mounts are only in the side rack baggy. There also seemed to be 6 washers in there and since there were no instructions, and washers are good, I grabbed my box of m8 washers and needed 2 extra from what came in the baggy, those could have been ones I needed to pull from the stock rack mounts from the other kit now that I think about it. Just wanted to give people a heads up on this, so no one feels slighted. High quality stuff.
  9. dangslow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra and a TE310
    I don't think anyone has posted pics of the production BRmoto side and top rack combo yet, so here it is.. They made a change from the prototype top rack and made keyhole slots for the rotopax mount. It would be real tough to get the bolts started without removing the top rack if they hadn't made the slots. Nice touch. This setup is very solid. No chance of it breaking off and ending up in the road. I've decided to use a 1.75 gallon Rotopax. Its dimensions, 14 3/4 X 13 1/4 make a better base for a tailbag than the 1 gallon size. It came with plenty of hardware and fit together easily. No instructions were packed in the box with the top rack but its an easy assembly. I think this may be the primo rack setup. Especially if you are using Wolfman bags.

100_1848.jpg

Attached Files:

Thumpa, HARDER1, Chuffa and 2 others like this.
  10. Dinosan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 WR360, Honda CRF230 & XR50
    Looks good.. have the side racks on, Top rack coming next week. Have a Pelican hard case to mount on.. will post pics when done. .
  11. RuggedExposure Now with more rugged!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Meanstreak 1600, '95 DR350
    Maybe I missed something, but did your bike come with the carbon fiber goodies on the exhaust or did you put those on there? Your heat shields are way different from mine.
  12. dangslow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra and a TE310
    You missed something Rugged. I've been experimenting with dual and single Leo Vince exhaust. For the TE630, they slip right on our pipes. The forward carbon shields came with the mufflers and were trimmed to fit. The thread is 'Loud pipes save lives'.
    RuggedExposure likes this.
  13. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    I've got the Wolfman medium duffel that I use up top. It's like the BR moto top plate is designed for it. Oh, wait, probably is.

Ran the whole setup about 1800 miles last week with my medium duffel and expedition saddle bags. Worked great.
    Coffee likes this.
  14. Thumpa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM Dakar, G650X
    danielcure, check your pm cheers, Thumpa
  15. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada

Another one standing in the queu here :applause:
  16. Bwilkins503 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna tr 650 terra
    New here, have had my terra 650 for about a year now and I cannot find these br moto side and top rack setup. If anyone has one please let me know . I'm a young guy located in Canada.
  17. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Only available 2. hand, production stopped years ago