BRMoto Beefy Rear Rack... truly beefy :)

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Coffee, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Got these pictures from BRMoto last week, obviously a prototype subject to change

I *REALLY* think this qualifies as a BEEFY rear rack. :eek:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Chuffa and Bobzilla like this.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    And the prototype was sent to me, and I installed it last night - PERFECT!!! :banana:

I'm reasonably sure it will suite my needs. :applause:

The top plate appears to be 0.2" thick Aluminum. Note that the beefy rear TOP rack is prototype #1 and appears to be painted, and has some chips in it from work that was done after paint was applied. The SIDE racks appear to be production units, and appear to be powder coated.
    DSC_4686.JPG

DSC_4684.JPG

DSC_4682.JPG

DSC_4678.JPG
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    As you should be able to tell in these pictures, the rear support for the tail light assembly is fantastic! No more worries about the rear plastic assembly breaking off! :)

DSC_4671.JPG

DSC_4669.JPG
    tweber, Trapperj, Chuffa and 3 others like this.
  4. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    I like the looks of that.
    What would you guess the total weight is?>
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not sure, I do not have any way to weigh it, and to speculate without knowledge is not good.

The only thing I know for sure is that the sides & top & hardware all together is under 20lbs if the shipping label was accurate.

Maybe I will take an 'interesting' picture this weekend. :D
  6. bluegopher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Exactly what I'm looking for. Any hint at when they may be available for purchase?
  7. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    When I heard he was going to be looking into a rear rack, after I got my side racks from BRMoto I knew I'd buy one site unseen. That impressed with the side racks.

Seeing the prototype mounted, I'm chomping at the bit to throw my money at him. That would've made my camping trip a couple weeks back SOOO much better. I'm picturing picking up a Pelican/Seahorse box to mount on that rack and still be able to secure my tent/duffle for when I get a chance to get out there and go on trips. Add a rotopax and I definitely won't miss that uneasy feeling as I'm rolling down the road, mileage creeping up and not having a clue where the next gas station is, and if they have no-ethanol premium.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    In the interest of saving BRMotos time, I have a call into them for this and other information which I can predict will be asked.
  9. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Cool. Looking forward to it.
  10. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Does the rear rack also work without the side racks ? I dont need side panniers...
  11. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Is the rear fender support bar removable? Would be cool for those that removed their rear fenders and are now running the Tail Tidy :thumbsup:

Just a suggestion. :cheers:
    mario33 likes this.
  12. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 848 track bike "supermono"
    same question as mario33 - i have the factory husky givi trekker boxes and racks - would love to add the 3rd givi top box - is the top rear rack independent of the side supports on this rig?
  13. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    The front of the rack appears to attach to mounting points that are only part of the side racks, not present without them unless they do some sort of bracket. But that's only half the issue, the support for the rear of the rack is using the rear tab on the side rack hoop for support, so it's not looking good.

Here's the front mounting point on the side rack...

[IMG]

And here's the rear of the hoop the cross brace bolts and the rear of the rack will bolt to to get its support...

[IMG]
  14. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    The rear fender support (cross brace) is part of the side rack set up. It's used to distribute force across both sides. BR Moto and Wolfman both offer side racks without the cross brace. It's a bolt on, so you could leave it off, but you compromise the strength of the system. I don't know how it would look, but you could angle it up from horizontal, that may work.

* Disclaimer, these are my opinions as a side rack owner who wants a top rack. I may not undertand, wouldn't be the first time. :eek:
  15. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    The rack support that comes down to tie into the cross bar adds a ridiculous amount of strength to that set up. You could probably get by without it, but you'd lose a lot strength and wouldn't be able to load it as much because it would basically amplify the lever action going on with that 4 bolt mounting of the stocker. Sure it'd be steel, but still only 4 bolts tying it in, well forward of the load. I'd bet you could tie that in to your Givi kit by welding/bolting on some brackets.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice looking stuff.
    Coffee likes this.
  17. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    5000 years from now they will be doing some sort of archaeological dig and they'll come across the remains of one of us buried somewhere. They'll find dental work, a Motosportz skid plate, and this new BR Moto rear top rack. Not sure if they'd find other parts of the bike or not.
    WoodsChick, nev.., Coffee and 3 others like this.
  18. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Any idea when this system will be up on his site (with pricing)?
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Guys, it is a prototype.

You are asking many excellent questions, and when I next communicate with BRMoto I will attempt to get those answers, or they/he may log in and answer them. But I can answer a few of them:
    • Yes the support for the rear fender can be removed for those who do not need it
    • Yes the rear rack supports from the panniers (side racks) can be removed for those who do not want that support. Obviously would not be as beefy, but probably better than any other product out there (not sure). As far as I am concerned the main reason for that support, other than making the rack beefy, is to eliminate the "Eigen frequency oscillations" i.e. at some rpm, load, road/trail conditions, situation - the rack will find a natural frequency to bounce at (sort of like a guitar string). The oem rear rack does that a huge amount, as does the rear fender for instance.
    • At this time, with this prototype, the side racks are needed to use this top rack, because the forward mounting hole attach to the side racks - they may create an adapter - not sure.
    • I've no idea as to pricing, availability, or when any websites will be updated
    mario33 and Bobzilla like this.
  20. Hansi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 Versys
    Thank you Coffee. Very exciting.