better 610 shifter?

Discussion in '610/630' started by highball, Jan 6, 2010.

1. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just FYI.. I got the lil spacer that goes between shifter lever and the teeth that it sits on from George. Tightened it up great. best it's been since brand new. My shifter has always been a lil sloppy. Seemed to get worse after a fall that bent my peg bolts on that side. After mucking around with it a bunch, trying to close the shifter mounting area tighter in a vice, cleaning up the threads or teeth, new bolts, washers etc, it really seemed as I could get it tight if I held the shifter towards the end of the barrel/teeth that it sits on as I tightened it. Keeping it from wanting to slide farther back closer to the bike/case. But everytime after a few minutes it's slide back a mil or two and get all sloppy again. The spacer basically slides on the barrel/shaft/teeth and stops the shifter lever from going too deep toward the case and stays firmly on the teeth. Shifts so much better now and STAYS tight. I'm sure you could make a spacer yourself for the issue if you have it, but for less than $10 from George it was to cheap and easy from him to even bother mucking around anymore.

Now I think I got a toasted battery. Bike started missing on way home, got WAY worse, pooping and bucking allover. Thankfully made it home. Bike sat for a bit, could barely get lights on dash when turning key, lots of clicking from the DC relay, not even a hope of starting juice. Done a decent look for bad wires etc. so far, and then hooked up a "jump box" and all funny dash stuff stopped and bike wanted to turn over but just barely couldn't. Hopefully that means its as simple as the battery. If so, the stocker has treated me well, almost 12,000 miles.

Edit /update... Just in case it helps others.. the missing was indeed the battery. New one good to go. Did alot of taping and foaming in the battery try though as the stock one was beat to heck by the contact areas.
  2. snoman32 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Street Triple R
    My shifter is about dead....Master Chief what KX 250 shifter did you use, I am desperate:(

Thanks in advance!
  3. MasterChief Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310 2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha SRX600 & XT225
    It came from a 1988 KX250 from the local bike junkyard. The shaft is the same, but it had to cut and welded to approximate the shape of the 610 shifter.