better 610 shifter?

Discussion in '610/630' started by highball, Jan 6, 2010.

1. highball Husqvarna
    B Class

Can anyone recommend a better shifter for the 610?

I had a slow-speed left side drop and the stock shifter dimpled the case.
    I siliconed a penny over the dimple as a temporary guard.
    I need a longer shifter in order to be able to shift with moto boots as well as one that isn't prone to damaging the case.

Thanks for suggestions :thumbsup:
  2. Rockchucker22 Husqvarna
    A Class

All shifters have the potential to pierce a case. I made a case guard out of al and hammered it round enough to be able to silicone to the case. now the shifter can't puncture the case.
  3. Goosedog Husqvarna
    B Class

I got more boot room by switching to Fastway pegs set in the "low-boy" position. Gave me another 3/4" between peg and shifter.
  4. TrailRider Husqvarna
    B Class

+1. :thumbsup: I love my Fastway "low-boy" pegs. I'm 6' 3" so I did it for the room. IMO you will love them.
  5. MasterChief Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310 2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha SRX600 & XT225
    After bending the tip on my shifter I modifed a KX 250 shifter to fit my needs. The shaft diameter and splines are the same.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

I noticed there are 3 different pegs listed f3,f4 and f5 do you recall which ones you bought or do they all provide the extra clearance?Anything would help a 13 boot.
    Thanks
  7. TrailRider Husqvarna
    B Class

The difference between the three pegs is the cleats. Take a look at the photo. I have the F3 but going to put on the F6 cleats this year.

[IMG]
  8. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

Cool,thanks.
  9. TrailRider Husqvarna
    B Class

Here is a pic of the pegs n my 610.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. highball Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the suggestions on pegs. I like those Fastway pegs.
    I may see if my TE250 pegs fit the 610. They are pretty decent stock pegs.
    Still wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket shifter they could recommend.
  11. Barterer Husqvarna
    B Class

The bike I plan to buy has had a minor tip-over on the left side. The shifter works ok, but is a bit mangled.. I won't keep it. If anyone has replaced a perfectly good stock shifter (for 2006 sm610 if that matters) and has it laying around, please send me a PM, I'll be glad to buy it. Otherwise I'll probably put an ad in the trading post section, or just get a new shifter.
    Thanks,
    John
  12. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would also like to replace my shift lever, what bolts right up?:excuseme:
  13. Navaho6 Husqvarna
    B Class

It appears from your photos that your shifter is even shorter than my '09, and I have trouble shifting with size 9 boot. Does the Fastway lowboy setting drop the level of the peg or move it backwards?
  14. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Fastways

If anyone would like a set of Fastway's I will part with mine. I cant get used to the wide platform, even though I like that they dropped my foot down and back a touch. I have the F5 style.

SOLD already
  15. Rokon Husqvarna
    B Class

I applied a little heat to the middle section of the shifter and bent it out away from the case. This allowed easier access while wearing boots. Not perfect but better.
  16. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

17. 128954431 Husqvarna
    A Class

Both.
  18. 128954431 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a horror of a time with the 630. Knackered ankles that don't have a lot of strength combined with stiff boots (Crossfires) and the very crowded riding position where the back of my boots are against the back of my thighs conspire to make up shifts difficult. Raising the seat height a couple of inches has helped, but I am almost at the point of building an old school heel toe shifter.
  19. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

There’s a thread somewhere either here or at supermotojunkie of someone who made plates for the 610's, that lowers the pegs a little
    Not sure if he still makes them but all the comments from those who bought the plates came back positive for legroom and ease of shifting

[IMG]
  20. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/foot-peg-relocator.7323/page-4
    Muddy Waters likes this.