Beta 300 XTrainer

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by lankydoug, May 7, 2017.

1. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i know that Bonecutter crew good people mama Bonecutter is way tough saw her lose a toenail[ wearing boots] at MORE race once the EMT was like :eek::eek::eek: man it looked nasty
    fletchman45 and lankydoug like this.
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    After riding the xtrainer I don't think I'd go the kick start route, the e-start works so well that I have confidence enough in no kick even with a recluse clutch. The stock hydraulic clutch btw is as easy to pull as any clutch I've ever seen, you can work it with your pinky finger if you wanted too. As too the weight and feel, you really should ride one if you're interested, I think because it is 15% smaller it really does feel as easy to flick around as a 125 but the 300's smooth power gets traction like a 250f unlike the pipey 125. I have more fun on 125s than any other bike but at 6'6" and 220 lbs I know I'm better off on a bigger bike.... the Beta and pretty much every 125 make me wish I was under 6' tall and 180 lbs.
  3. endurodave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM MC-5 175,GS 250 IT200N, Beta 300

Yes a tc 125/150 would be more cost effective, and sure-nuff a nibble woods machine……. However what the XT does give ya, is some of that plus loads of low end. What gives my riding bud fits while following me on his KDX 200 is that on many a technical climb I’m down in the rev’s and tapping into the torque when called for, when he’s back there fanning the clutch desperately seeking out the rite gear to maintain momentum……. In which I get ruthlessly berated for so-called “trials-riding” and blocking his high revving little green bike….

But it’s as you say……. Ya just need to have a go on an XT to get a sense if it would suit your riding style or expense to set-up to the liking.
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm going to try to get and extended test ride on one of these! I thought my beta 250,RR 16 had super hard clutch pull when compared to a new husqvarna...different clutch lever may help...when set up properly I would think and xtrainer can rail thru whoops as well...
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    saw on the YZ250 FB page today that south Africa will get the new YZ125X yep Yamaha pulled the trigger on it :applause::thumbsup::banana:
    lankydoug likes this.
  6. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Ladies are tough riders. I seen my sons ex girl friends kx100 kickout on the ice and slam her down hard. I heard some explicit words as she picked up the bike and continued on. She was one tough pretty gal.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Fletch key thing here is that both of these crew members are super long time former dealer and racers.
    They are in the supersuperduper senior class and want a simple comfortable TRAIL bike to ride not a real race bike. For both the X-Trainer is heaven, 1 is ready to sell his well dialed 350EXCF and go exclusively with the X-Trainer the other is still in the both bikes mode and is seriously ready to buy an 18 Beta 300RR race to stay in the Tuscan bike family and still do some enduro xc stuff like the Tecate Enduro for example and use the X-trainer for explore trail rides and non serious trail rides. It all makes sense to me. By the way as an Expert racer you could set up an X-Trainer for the tight race and smoke many on the little "trail" bike, the things snake around well.
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ya I'm in love with the concept of these bikes...to bad they don't offer a race edition....the xlite chassis I loved but won't lie being short there were many times I struggled with the height of the bike...if there were no up dates to the xtrainer then they now weigh the same as a new 18 RR.... I missed out on a used xtrainer with five hours...sold for 5000 which I think would of been a good deal....I want to ride one!!
    robertaccio and lankydoug like this.
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The Xtrainer really isn't far from the race bike. Basically if you put the shock, forks and the pipe off the 300RR you are there but it's still a smaller bike and probably not going to be as stable in the fast open sections but that's not what it was intended to be. Compared to the competition (KTM Freeride and Sherco) that lean towards the trials bike side the Xtrainer is by far the more serious bike. As for the weight there's some to be lost in taking the street leagal stuff off the bike if you want to race it... ditch the headlight, tail light, horn and turn signal switch and you might get a couple lbs off. robertaccio pretty much nailed down it's best use but I could add that whether they want to admit it or not the shorter than average vet rider or any shorter rider not in the pro class would be faster on the Xtrainer in the tight stuff then on their race bike. I can say with first hand experience the stock brakes of the Xtrainer are already better than a new KX250, YZ125, YZ250x or YZ450. The Xtrainer brakes are not Brembo but Beta got the master cyl to caliper piston diameter ratio right on the brakes which is something that none of the jap bike companies have figured out how to do. Because of my height the Xtrainer is not for me but now that I own one I can see that it perfectly fills a gap in off road better than any bike out there and it's a gap that I often hear riders complain about.
    RickyDZero, Big Timmy and robertaccio like this.
  11. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    One thing I have to agree on, Betas are beautiful looking machines
  12. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I've ridden an Xtrainer at least a half dozen times now and I could race one completely stock and be competitive on it. I would eventually tweak it to my liking, but I think it's far more capable than a lot people think it is
  13. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i believe that but i also believe we aren't rely as fast as we think we are :eek:
    454x and lankydoug like this.
  14. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I know for a fact that I'm not fast and I'm quick to correct anyone who thinks differently. :cool:
  15. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Well that was kind of my point. A lot of people dismiss it as a play bike, or not serious enough, but I bet it's plenty capable for most of them.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  16. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I had one pass me at muddobbers every section and I ride senior a....
    fletchman45 likes this.
  17. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

yea well I had a guy with and a-- three feet wide pass me once in a hare scramble... Lol. Took me two laps to take my position back...I was like wtf!
    Bill502, robertaccio and racemx904 like this.
  18. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Talking to a dealer about and xtrainer...picked my son up a husky 50 junior (old one) and picked up and 02 Honda Cr 125 to keep my older boy out of trouble...told the wife I'd sell the ducati (15 monster 821) if I get and xtrainer....ha lmfao she's going nuts...works been a little slow riding twice a week having fun...thinking seriously about and xtrainer but scared what will happen in the whoops.......
    robertaccio likes this.
  19. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I almost was gonna pull the trigger...talked to Steve at bonecutterbeta....sounded like for me.a fast old A class guy and.riding in a lot of whoops etc...at minimum 48 mm forks cc......sounded more like a b or c riders bike or and older guy out having fun...for me for sure either a beta 125 RR with bigbore kit or a husky tc 125 with 150 kit would probably be a better bet for 90% of the time....
    lankydoug likes this.