Beta 300 XTrainer

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by lankydoug, May 7, 2017.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My wife at age 54 decided she wanted to learn to ride. She decided this after a few times riding two up on a road king and then a goldwing F6B that we bought. I told her she couldn't ride on the street until she learned to ride profeciently on a dirt bike. I borrowed a friend's crf150 for a couple weeks and she rode everyday after work and weekends, weather permitting. This weekend we bought a low hour blinged out XTrainer and she loves it. It has smooth power much like a 250f but lighter feeling and a lower seat height. Also the electric start is great. This bike also had a Rekluse clutch which prevents her from making mistakes.

My opinion of the bike is if you are shorter in height or like to ride slow technical terrain you would be hard pressed to find a better bike. I truly believe that most C level riders would be faster on this bike then a race bike in the hare scrambles. It has easy torque smooth power without a big hit but can easily lift the front wheel to pick off obstacles. I wouldn't mind riding this bike as my #1 pick when I get older or if I just feel like playing around. If you want more power you can fit a 300RR pipe to it and it will wake it up View attachment 79037 View attachment 79036

I will likely ride the XTrainer more often and have more input or will gladly answer any questions IMG_1628.PNG IMG_1627.PNG
    PaulC, NCSteve, huskybear and 6 others like this.
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    I was just telling my wife we should sell the 165 and buy her one of those. Beta has a 1" and 2" lowering kit for it I'd have to buy for my wife. It is the electric start we're after.
  3. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Very nice.

Been seeing quite a few ladies on Xtrainers lately :applause:
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Bloody hell, what's harder teaching a kid or your wife? Big pats on the back to those blokes that can teach their wives to ride a motorcycle!!:notworthy:
    Dirtdame likes this.
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Ha Ha, I've coached high school boys and girls sports so this requires less patience. When she was on the crf Honda sometimes I had to help her pick the bike up when she fell and usually had to kick start it for her. The X Trainer is lighter to pic up and has the button which made my job much easier.

My wife is right at 6' tall so the bike is perfect how it is, it seems to be sprung for her weight as well. That is cool that Beta makes a good effort to make aftermarket parts and mods available. The fit and finish on this bike is really sweet.
  6. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I rode a friends x trainer and I really liked it
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    PaulC and lankydoug like this.
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I rode the wife's XTrainer again yesterday and spent enough time on it to start to get a feel for the bike. Like robertaccio says it carves like no other bike and once I rode it hard for a few minutes and got the engine cleaned out and fully warmed up the over-rev didn't hold back as bad as I earlier reported. 1st gear is a tractor and the only place I could use it would be a bail out or to pick through a super technical rock garden. If I wasn't so dang tall it might be my #1 go to bike.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    the one infront of me is OEM, the other one has a full boat Stilwell suspension package and an Italian Fresco brand cone pipe on it ( the thing is nutty good)
    lankydoug likes this.
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Here's what 6'6" looks like on an XTrainer
    IMG_1626.PNG
    Dirtdame and robertaccio like this.
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Haha Doug ya big stringbean. :)

Enjoy ya 'missus'' bike
    lankydoug and robertaccio like this.
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    lol I keep riding other bikes and so far I'm always happy to get back n my 09 wr250. Currently I'm doing the 100 hr freshen up on a 2011 yz450 so I can give a 4 stroke a fair chance to win the #1 bike spot. After a year either the yz or the wr will be up for sale.
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah I keep saying in gonna buy a new beta(or GG) but still love riding the old huskies!
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Does x trainer have the capability to just add a kickstarter and remove all estart stuff??? Another words is the shaft there waiting or is it a pain? I think a xtrainer (I really want to ride one of these) with all the euro crap removed and estart and fork work would make a great bike...
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I think it would be possible to add a kick start, the case has a plug where the kick start would go. I know someone who races an xtrainer and added a 300RR pipe and really woke up the power, they also added forks and a shock off the race 300 so they could get the dual chamber forks and the slightly bigger shock.
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah, there's a kick starter kit
  17. endurodave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM MC-5 175,GS 250 IT200N, Beta 300
    IMG_1415.JPG
    Kick start kit runs there-about 400$ ….and consist of idle gear, ratchet gear, kick lever, gaskets and such, all the bits to do the task. Took a couple hours piddling along to add the kicker…..

To remover the starter? …. Figure surely it could be done, though mind that the starter is not a cobbled on afterthought and is tucked in quite well under the motor.
    lankydoug likes this.
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    fletchman45, This dealer http://www.bonecutterbeta.com/ has a son that races on the pro level, a daughter that's pretty good and he is a solid vet rider. He seems to know the mods and ins and outs of setting up the Betas. He and I talked quite a while on the phone before I bought the Xtrainer for my wife. If you're interested in a Beta it would be worth your time to give him a call.
    troy deck and fletchman45 like this.
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    the crew now has the 2 beta X trainers, both will have the full boat Stilwell suspension packages with Fox podium rear shocks also Al Stilwell tuned.
    lankydoug likes this.
  20. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool. But when u.spend 400$ and all the suspension work I'm not sure what to think.....my thinking...husqvarna tc 125 with 150 kit installed 700$....and revalved would be a super lightweight weapon..beta x trainer is 226 pounds no gas ready to ride....with the estart and battery removed and all the euro stuff removed not sure what a guy could get it down to...212 or so??? Same as my tc 250...I need to ride one I think it would be fun smoking buddies on and xtrainer
    robertaccio likes this.