1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Best battery?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by DeanRM, Jan 25, 2016.

1. norma stitz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nunya185
    Which is what surprised me about those burned batteries by battery tender. They are lifepo4 chemistry.
  2. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    I know for a fact that Antigravity uses good quality US made cells. I know Shorai is well known and they launched the whole advertising hooha but the reliability doesn't seem to be as good in my experience.
    I stuck a Antigravity in 2010 in my 990 Superduke after the original died after 2 years. These bikes are notoriously hard on batteries and if not good they don't crank. I sold the bike a few years ago and the new owner told me the battery is still going strong.
    Some of my superduke buddies are on their second or 3rd shorai.
  3. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I have the smallest Battery Tender lipo batteries in our '08 TE's. The first one I bought I didn't buy the lipo charger as I read you can use a standard Battery Tender Jr. with it. That is what I used for the first top off charge before install, the reg. BT Jr.. The battery performed so well I bought the 2nd with the proper Battery Tender lipo charger. So I can confirm you can use a BT Jr. as the mfg. states, but my 2 cents is buy the proper lipo charger and sleep easier. I don't leave any bikes on a charger btw. I will hook up the bike to top off before a ride, or every few weeks of non use.

My friend put the step up, the 240lca BT lipo in his '07 TE 610 and says it works great. He bought the BT lipo charger at the time with the battery and is happy with it. That is what will be going in or TE 630's next. I think they are a good buy.
    bikesparky likes this.
  4. mast Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR VTEC / Montesa 310
    After less 1 year, my Antigravity YTZ7-8 is dead. And because i'm not inside USA, mother don't want make nothing for me. Thank you USA !!

5. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400

I have an old Shorai that been thru some rough rides and never failed. Luckily batteries are easy to replace.
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    hmmm. I found on their website they have a pretty generous 3 year warranty, although they have quite a few stipulations also (which gives them some wiggle room to get out of honoring their warranty).

Mast- what reason did they give you for not repairing/replacing the battery? (not registering wouldn't be huge here but if you're over-seas: yeah). BTW, with the youtube vids of LiPo batteries burning/exploding... I'm not sure I'd be flipping that thing around like that too many times. how did it happen?

If I were you- after exhausting my warranty hunt, I'd cut it open and find out what's going. These thing have internal circuitry for stuff like over-temp or charge. It could be a loose component.

[Warning- could be dangerous; exercise caution]

let us know.
  7. mast Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR VTEC / Montesa 310
    i bought this battery by ebay(usa). They don't want paye the shipping FR -> USA and USA -> FR
  8. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Cutting open a lithium battery is a bad idea. Once exposed to the environment, it will have a violent chemical reaction and get hot fast. My 2 cents worth.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  9. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    oops... you're right, of course. I was a little too blasé about it. And [caveat] I've never actually done it, although I've seen it done (youtube?).

However, the tops of these things are usually hollow and have electronics in 'em (mast's vid is a good example of this). That's the part we're interested in... not the actual cells.

If (someone) is thinking of doing this- do some research... ....and use protection (eyes especially).
    AndrewS and reveille like this.
  10. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    well, that sorta makes sense... they usually don't do that here either.

have you tried negotiating with 'em a bit? With your vid and a copy of your PayPal or eBay transaction they may be willing to give you a discount on a new one (and you may not even have to send your defective battery back)

good luck.
  11. mast Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR VTEC / Montesa 310
    impossible to negotiating. the don't want. her policy is 'not outside US' shipping.

well... you think it's not a good idea to open it ?
  12. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, if you're done "negotiating", if it was me I would. But first- do you have any friends in the US that could receive packages for you? or will you pay shipping (maybe both ways if they really want the battery back)? did you give them the URL for the vid? Is anybody here on CH near Antigravity ...hell, where are they located?

Battery dissection: first research it. Then figure out how they plastic-welded the top cap on. (and maybe drill a hole in the very top first for a look around??)

proceed with caution.

good luck.
  13. mast Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR VTEC / Montesa 310
    thanks

the battery is going for UK.. Antigravity Batterie UK want help me.
    AndrewS and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  14. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    very nice. let us know the outcome.
  15. mast Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR VTEC / Montesa 310
    well, good news, the battery is repaired. The shipping was refund by USA.

i go with my bike in Tunisia for September, i hope no problem with the battery in desert
    AndrewS and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  16. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    So Antigravity-UK repaired your original battery? -cool. did they have anything to say about it? can you see if they removed or cut the upper section?
    and how did Antigravity-USA get involved?

sounds like a good ending.