1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Best battery?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by DeanRM, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    My two bits. A Shorai in my 630 is about three years old and has performed perfectly. I have an Earth-X in my 310 and it's doing great too after two years, although I did have to bring it back to life once with a good battery jump. I will be adding the Earth-X to my other bikes soon, from Zip-Ty of course. I have appropriate chargers for both batteries, an added cost for sure. In fact, I now have four chargers: Battery Tender for lead acid, BT for BMW gel batteries, the Shorai charger, and an Optimate for Earth-X. Crazy!
  2. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    That must be the difference then. I had an antigravity in my 990 superduke (a bike that's hard to start and drains the bat when not in use) and also in my Italian '10 TE450.
    I never had to use a charger on any of these bikes despite the fact that sometimes one of them wouldn't get used for weeks.
    I don't even own a charger for a Li-Po battery just for the lead stuff in the cars.
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    When I got my 2 EarthX batteries, they were cool with my use of a Battery Tender jr. classic that I use for every car and motorcycle battery I own. It's one reason owning an EarthX is better than others... Not needing different and special chargers. Tinken even said the same since it had the circuitry others did not.
    AndrewS likes this.
  4. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    http://earthxmotorsports.com/our-batteries#charging

Any charger that DOES NOT have a desulfication mode will work.
    A desulfication mode is a high voltage low current mode to remove sulfides on standard battery cell plates. This is usually around 20v and will Kill your lithium battery.

As long as the charger does not have this or it can be turned off its OK to use with earthx.

Comprehensive list of good chargers are in the link at the beginning of this reply.
    duggoey and 268fords like this.
  5. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
    i want an earth X but dam they are expensive
    reveille likes this.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    My next one will be a Super B and they are expensive as well.

But must be good cause tons of racers are using them.
  7. DJay trying to get my posts posted :/

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
  8. Jimmy250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Polaris Quad
  9. DJay trying to get my posts posted :/

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    I'm sure they make a battery that will fit your bike. This battery that is in my 449 is way smaller than stock battery. It came with foam spacers to keep it in place.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    It's almost like oil or tires. I vote get the best battery you can afford that out performs the lousy stock batteries and don't need a special charger. For me that's Earth X, for you it might be something else. When somebody comes up with a clearly superior product, first it gets copied, then they try to do it cheaper.
    Jimmy250 likes this.
  11. norma stitz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nunya185
  12. DJay trying to get my posts posted :/

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
  13. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    My only concern are the 2 reviews on that link at amazon:eek: ... Price is good and I would consider them...

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG
    MotoXImage likes this.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    My Earth X hasn't done that!
    Johnrg likes this.
  15. norma stitz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nunya185
    Wow I didn't see that! Yikes!
  16. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Yeah, the warranty for the Battery Tender battery sounds about as useless as my Shorai warranty.
  17. DJay trying to get my posts posted :/

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449

I don't own a Battery Tender Battery but who knows, Im sure they claim not having electrical issues... you never know.
  18. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    Some reviews don't say it all. Quickest way to obtain a result like in the picture is to use the wrong charger.
    I have seen it plenty, they still go flat and out comes the old buzz box charger that grandpa made in the 40's.
    No modern electrical system on a motorbike will get that result if the charging system is in good order and the battery doesn't have any fault.
    There are only a hand full of factories in the world thas actually make the cells inside the battery. The rest of the quality is the electronics they put in to prevent overheating.
    Normally in a vehicle application the only overheating occurs when prolonged cranking as this draws huge amps, charging in a bike is low compared to that.
    When too hot due to cranking the battery just switches off, or is supposed to do so to avoid damage.
    I'm still in favour of batteries made of quality cells as they will perform better and last longer.
    DJay likes this.
  19. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Yes CCA matters. But what has been overlooked on this thread is reliability. Not all are created equal and in some cases the off brand lithium batteries had caught on fire. I have the Shorai which goes for about $160 and claims 210 CCA. The Antigravity goes for $180 and you pay $20 more for the claimed 240 CCA. Both have good reputation. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either but knowing how finicky the Husky starters are I think adding the 10% more CCA from the Antigravity would be worth the $20 difference.
    bikesparky and Jimmy250 like this.
  20. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    There is another difference too. The more stable battery is the LiFePo4 type. These cells are not nearly as volitie compared to standard Li cells and can handle more abuse in terms of off road use.