Beast Mode - WR500 Yamaha

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Motosportz, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I got an extra boost bottle for an IT Kelly...
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Installed a Lectron on my 1992 WR500 big bore 2 stroke Yamaha 2 days ago. Rode 65 miles at a A pace with some fast guys yesterday. Flat freaking LOVED it and it transformed the bike. Super smooth endless linear power everywhere. 5 mpg better, was able to ride the bike in 2nd position behind a very fast A class dude and not have him gap me much. Felt hero on that old beast. Carb transformed the beast from a bike that hunted all over idle wise making it a handful down hill and lame throttle response off the bottom making it a hand full in transition from off to on throttle to a perfect responsive liquid HP machine. Motor went from feeling old and vintage to modern and responsive. Had a fantastic day on the beast yesterday.
    oldbikedude likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This...

[IMG]

With one of these carbs on it...

[IMG]

Results in this view for my friends. :D

[IMG]
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Nice bike. Now I think I know the 500cc bike I want. But heck I want them all. But that yamie looks good. I like the LC bikes but the air cools hold something special to me. Single shock dual disc brakes. I know I'm not fond of the single shocks the the yamie swing arm is a rectangular shape. Your maximum structural strength is in the vertical plane.

To me some of the angled vertical fancy shaped casted swing arms of today do nothing but window dressing to our eyes. No added strength just look fancy. The rectangular box is very strong.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    For making the top ten worst bikes list it is a great bike :D I have sorted and upgraded some stuff but have to say I love riding this bike. Having owned many vintage big bore airheads I have to say this one is by far the most modern feeling. The suspension, brakes and handling are all very good and having all that going for you while running a "vintage" type motor is fun. The carb really transformed it for me. Part of it was the old carb kinda sucked, the pull was real hard and it was not responsive at all. It also was a pin to keep running nice on long down hills. Now it idles perfect, pulls hard and smooth, is very responsive and the throttle pull is very light. It is amazing how much changing to this carb and fixing the front brake lever position transformed the bike. Made it from a good ridable bike to a very fun bike you really want to ride. Also took me from 55 miles range to about 75 which is big for me. Fun stuff.
  6. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    It has all the good things a bike needs disc brakes. I can make any air cooled engine faster but we have to stop it. Lectron I'm going to have to try one. It's all about the delivery of the fuel. These can be like riding a mean bull when there not right. It can be off or on. We want a even delivery of the fuel. It's a wider smoother envelope of the power band wise too.

In all my husqvarna bikes in the past I used the UFO snowmobile technology in the round slide 38mm and 40mm mikuni carbs. Years ago the UFO insert and the boyesen reeds was the hot ticket. Now we have the vee force reeds thanks to HVA along with the lectron carb. I think performance wise were close to knocking on the fuel injections door performance wise.

I heard a expert carburation guy say once that a carburetor that's jetting correctly can perform as good as fuel injection does. So one isn't better than the other in the end.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

It now pulls smooth and hard from zero RPM to where the non PV motor stops pulling. Very liberating. It pulled OK before but off/on transitions were terrible, throttle pull was way to hard and wore me out, power is much more linear, idles far better on long down hills. Very happy now.
  8. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I believe we don't need a PV on a bigger bore because the power band is so much larger from the low rpm to the top "if" it's jetted correctly. It's more work to jetting a standard carb. Your lectron carb let's it run cleaner now it's no longer rich or lean in some areas. Congrats, thanks for posting the results.

Now in ordering a lectron carb what info do you tell them? I believe these are manufactured to fit each bike?
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Email me at motosportz@gmail.com we have setups for everything. Sold over 400 carbs so far to very happy customers. Depending on the bike we reconfigure a lot of things like fitment, overflow hose locations, remote chokes, custom rods etc.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This bike for sure does not need one. Lots of smooth linear power bottom to top. Like the simplicity of not having one and I dont need more power anywhere. Also reving a big bore 2 stroke is not something I do a lot. If I rode sand a daz a lot it would be different and I'd be looking for longer top end.
  11. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    "badass ball ripping dirtbike" I think I might pass on that one :)
  13. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Kelly maybe it was just a smart phone typo and he meant "badass bald ripping dirt bike", right up your alley.
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    haha, oh no
  15. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    I THOUGHT IT WAS BALD BADASS DIRTBIKE RIPPER:excuseme:..:lol:
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Solar panel for an ass kicking machine :)
    robertaccio and Kam1 like this.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This bike is really coming along. I am finding I am the same speed on this bike as anything else just takes a different riding approach. Bike slays hills. I have the bike well sorted now and it does most things surprisingly well. She is a keeper. I just installed a Lectron on it and have a few rides on it. Transformed the bike. Been dialing it some. Was rich as sent. Went 3/4ths turn leaner on the JP and 1/2 turn leaner on the rod and WOW, the power is so liquid smooth and plentiful. Bike handles nice, suspension is good, not great but livable for now and the bike is really working for me. Liking it more than I expected to. Oh, getting FAR better milage with the Lectron and now good for 75 plus miles instead of 55 with the stock carb.

Been riding the high country, still snow up high.

[IMG]
  18. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

At certain times in the rev range or while idling it sounds like a box of hammers. these are not very polished motors :)
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    the beast from east bradshaw rode one of the very last AMA comprtition air cooled race bikes and it was basically this one.......the airhammer. I see you trying to melt all the snow with yours!!!