Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by fitness2go, Dec 8, 2008.

1. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Brett...that is an awesome picture...just incredible!
  2. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I use the same Avatar on all the sites I belong too.

It is, in my mind, Jesus with a shotgun.:thumbsup:

I try to live my life as a Christian, following the teachings of Jesus.

What you sow is what you reap.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you. etc..

The Shotgun part is for those in the world who do not want to play nice.:thumbsup:

North, is because I live up here in the North.
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Cool thread!:thumbsup:

It's interesting to learn a little bit about each other.

I ended up with the name WoodsChick after a particularly long and grueling singletrack ride with my husband many years ago. We were busting our way through the nasty and when we successfully reached the light at the end of the tunnel, he said, with a look of obvious pride on his face, "I got me a real woods chick!" The name stuck. The funny thing is I taught him how to ride dirtbikes 20 years ago when he retired from roadracing:lol: It didn't take him long to start kicking my butt.

As far as avatars go, I obviously don't have one here yet. I use photos of x-rays, the external fixator on my wrist, and me racing my CR125 on some other forums, but I just haven't found one special enough for CafeHusky yet. I should probably get on that, eh?

WoodsChick
  4. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Avatar because I have a 510 which has affectionately been referred to as the wolf & a tribute to my Malamute, the original "Ruffus"
    [IMG]
  5. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

tlking6 is my first two initials and my last name. The 6 is how deep I had to go to get tlking to work as a name for ebay years ago. I just use it everywhere. Not very original but I figure as I get older if I forget my name, its time to stop posting in forums.
    My Avatar is a picture I took of the famous Husky Memorial in the high desert near Ransburg, Ca. You can read about the memorial here http://thebannerisup.district37ama.org/places/husky-memorial.shtml
  6. neversurfaced Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wanna play...

Screen name is from my SCUBA days; the closest I ever got to killing myself was on a solo night dive off of Palos Verdes In So Cal. Chased a bug under a ledge, getting wedged under the rock shelf & loosing my regulator simultaneously. Longest 20 seconds of my life... Ergo, never surfaced...

As for the avatar, well I kinda have a thing for funny road signs. This one just seemed to reflect my riding as of late, so...
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I use to build race engines and everybody called me MotorDude or Motorhead. When I got a PC and started getting into these forums I had to come up with a name.

I found the Avatar on the AMA site.
  8. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

thought my son was pretty funny when I took this pic. He was 3 years old. I asked him what he learned in daycare that day...he learned how to make this face. Boooyow! That's what $800/month gets you in daycare right there baby! Yeah! I took both of them out of daycare and bought my first TE-450 about 2 months later. He's 4 now and getting crazier. the other day he woke me up at 6:30 by punching me in the face with his little fist. Wide awake and totally ready to tan some hide, I popped my eyes open with him hovering right in face and with this big really pissed expression he said "you ate the rest of the chocolate chip cookies after I went to bed didn't you?". He ran back to his room before I could get up so I just went back to sleep. Afterall, I had indeed eaten the rest of the chocolate chip cookies. I like to remenber the good ol' days when they just made funny faces...

Attached Files:

9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's some funny chit there!
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Hmmm.....I almost died a bunch a times in PV too, surfing large winter swells.

I'm in San Pedro.....you still in this area?
  11. neversurfaced Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, grew up in El Segundo, lived in Redondo for a couple of years, and have been in The Peoples Republic of Soviet Monica for the last 8 years...

What kind of riding is your preferred flavor?
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Moto, off-road, canyons on the CBR, mtb, etc.......
  13. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh that is so funny ! :lol:

I’ll tell you a story ; Long time ago when I was a kid, one afternoon me, my little brother and my mom were in the kitchen making supper
    My mom turns to my little brother and says; go wake-up your father, gently… (emphasis on the gently…)

My brother goes into the bedroom To my dad’s side of the bed and without hesitation
    slaps me dad full force across the face!!! :eek: :shocked: :jawdrop:

My dad; former paratrooper and at the time getting in to the darker shades of the karate belts,
    thinking in a daze that the “enemy is at the gate” jumped up, grabbed my brother by the neck and started squeezing

he says that it took him a split second to “wake up” and realize what was going on,
    after which he proceeded to squeeze for another split second... just to make sure it’ll never happen again…

Needless to say , it was a quite supper that night
    We joke about it today but we all know I came close to be a “only child” that day
    :D
  14. Michael Lueders Husqvarna
    A Class

Used to free dive off PV..would chuck my gear bag, minus mask and belt off the cliff and hike down..come up was another story:thumbsup:
  15. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Screen name is my actual name. Avatar is a pic of Laird Hamilton surfing Peahi(Jaws) in Maui. Surfing is my favorite hobby, but there aren't always waves around here.
  16. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    You almost got me to pee my pants on that one. Oh the good old days of growing up.:doh:

PALMER = Last name
    8 = me my wife and six kids
    4 = well, for
    one = one creator. God
    Yes, I profess to be a christian. Not a great one, not a pushy one, just one that tries daily to do his best.
    Avatar changes. Now its me on top of a hill trying to get cell reception. Not always the same on TT.
  17. Chop Suey Husqvarna
    B Class

Chop Suey was a name I used playing chess online. I often felt like chop suey after getting pummeled by my opponent; I seem to feel the same way after some rides, so I continue to use the name. I don’t like quads on a good day, especially on single track.
  18. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    I use my same handle on various sites. It is a blend of Katoom for KTM and Mr. Cartoon, the TV host of a Saturday morning cartoon show when I was a kid.

My avatars usually have no real significance whatsoever, other than being things I like or find amusing.
  19. neversurfaced Husqvarna
    AA Class

Damn, glad I'm not your gear bag! If you hiked down the same cliff we used to, that'd be one rocky landing (see my Avatar) :D

The gear wasn’t nearly as bad as that damn steel tank I insisted on diving with. What a pig!

Luckily I only made that hike a handful of times. I have a buddy that’s into fishing, so he’d motor me out and fish while I went down. I’d usually give him a couple of bugs for the trouble…
  20. neversurfaced Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dug up a couple of old pics - contenders for my next Avatar :excuseme:

[IMG]

[IMG]