1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Are the new Huskys more reliable than the Italian models?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by MotoXImage, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Buster714 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 950Adv, '10 F800GS, '06 R6 track
    What a journey this thread has been. :applause: Congrats on the new new. I've got the 2011 TE310 myself, precisely because I didn't want to shell out the cash for what was the new KTM 350 at the time. An injected, punched out 250, plated from factory for $5k... all in! Luckily I've had great luck with the bike, even surviving my first BBTR Big Bear Run after blowing a hose and pushing it to the finish! :D
    MotoXImage and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  2. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Ok, guess it's time to post an update to this. May 26th. It's got about 3,700 miles on it, mostly dirt. I change the oil + fiter and cleaned the oil pick up screen every 3 to 5 hundred miles except the last time. I screwed up and it went about 1,400 miles. Been running Bel Ray Thumper Ester 4T and started adding Maxi Lube about 1,400 miles back. Cleaned the air filter and lubed chain typically around 3 to 4 hundred miles. Cleaned brake pads and rotors every 1,500 miles. I'm running off road as far as smog equipment with a remapped ecu and off road airbox. My off road speed is, cruz with my buddies but I do get sucked back into race pace when I see dust up ahead so it's mostly a spirited pace mixed with some aggressive short race speed rides. BTW, I raced my buddies 17 Beta 500 and maybe I get the jump each time but I pull him from a rolling start around 45mph to about 70, thats when he starts the charge. I'm hanging onto his back tire up till about 90 mph so I'm happy with the unleashed motor mods. Ok, I still haven't done the valve lash check since the 100 mile checkup. I'll get to that soon. So the only problem I can report is that I've been spending money on bling and protection equipment. Nothing has failed unless you count the original tires. Crashed twice because of those things. Heres how its looking now. IMG_4557.JPG IMG_5245 2.JPG IMG_7955.JPG
    Teambowles and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  3. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Very clean and nice. Sounds like a great choice. Bout time we got pics lol
    MotoXImage likes this.
  4. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

the valves are ti, but the springs are a conventional valve spring quality steel.
    MotoXImage and Trenchcoat85 like this.