1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Apologies if you have already seen this!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by hva-factory, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    I think breaking a swing arm in every moto but one deserves blame, dont you?
  2. Joey Thompson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 cr 250-former fbf factory bike.
    Yes,but it only happened to Thomas.FBF did not make their subframe either.So Husqvarna is at fault there not the team.
  3. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    All the 250 riders broke swing arms, but JT did break the most. This was because they were not heat treated correctly. That is not FBF's fault. So What? What is your point? The bikes were not good and the team had no idea what they were doing which made it worse.
  4. Joey Thompson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I know,most of your statement are correct. Im sure it was a combo of road race mechanics and a somewhat crappy bike that resulted in most of the problems. Guess my point is that Thomas' and Prestons' MX careers would not have been any more stellar if they never signed Husky contracts.
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    One of the neighborhood kids followed my lead and bought a '99 Husqvarna cr125. He let me(300lbs) rip on it. He was in front on my '78 Husqvarna cr390 cranked and I was on the rear wheel ripping. That 125 had awesome power on level ground.

The Italian mx rider that raced here in the 125 class was like a fish out of water. Our super cross tracks are different than in Europe.

What "IF" the swedes never sold Husqvarna and kept up with new technology I wonder how many more championships Husqvarna could of won.

In the parking area at the dam when my old husqvarnas go through there the old riders know there a legend. The younger riders scratch there heads. They can't say hoos Varna.
  6. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    husqvarna was well out of being a motocross force by the time it was sold.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    One NETRA racer here broke a swing arm in the middle of the race season. He waited to get a new swing arm but it never happened. He traded the Italian '98 bike in for a gas/gas at the time. I gather that getting new replacement parts has always been a problem. That's why I sold my '98 husky. No parts available. Or buy two new ones so one is a parts bike.
  8. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I hope that KTM lets Husqvarna grow some roots and give Husqvarna sometime to settle down in its new home. I think there are still some Husqvarna die hard riders out there. If they let Husqvarna go its own way and separate itself from KTM and let Husqvarna be its own bike again. But Husqvarna and KTM may end up like Husqvarna and johnsered chainsaws the discontinued Husqvarna chainsaws become new johnsered chainsaws. I hope they don't go that route. It's time for the Husqvarna to ween itself from KTM. Rather than just change the orange colors to the white with the big "H"? Put the quality back in.
  9. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM is putting quality back where it has not been since Husky's were built in Sweden.
    ajcmbrown and 87husky500xc like this.
  10. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    I read early in the piece that the plan was to re-establish the brand then reinstate husky as a stand alone manufacturer. not sure how that is travelling
  11. Joey Thompson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If you look at Jason Thomas' 2001 MX results,he finished all 12 rounds with his worst finish being a 20th at the Southwick round.Who says he broke a swingarm at every race again?Must have been a very small cracking for him to finish every moto.
  12. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    JT said it. Preston said they were junk also. Listen to them for yourself.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qVmSAlhD2o

What is your point? Are you trying to increase the value of your ex FBF bike? What is the point of this revisionist history?
  13. Joey Thompson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Lol.Your taking this way too personal first off.It just kinda seems that these guys are blaming their Huskys for there mediocre results that season.After looking at results of there other seasons,the bikes were not the whole problem.
  14. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I dont have a personal stake in it one way or another, I just cant figure out why you are trying to gloss over the problems with the bike and the team which are common knowledge. JT did about the same before, during, and after Husky, but Preston did significantly better after Husky winning a 125SX championship with Honda and 2nd the year after that. Lamson who is one of my favorite riders and who was admittedly at the tail end of his career did about the same with Husky as right before and not any better after. Could better riders have had better results? Probably. But that does not change the fact that the bike was 10 years behind the Japanese and the team was incompetent.
  15. Joey Thompson Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    True true.I guess I just love these bikes and take it to heart when guys are being too harsh.
  16. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think the guys you are likely to get the most honest evaluation of a bike are the ones who had to ride one for a living, they have no emotional investment.
  17. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    isnt this thread about what an awsome rider Graham Jarvis is ????????
  18. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    It was to start with, then degenerated down to championships of Swedish vs Italian Husqvarnas. Personally I am happy Husqvarna is in the purist off road hands it could be in now. Both Cagiva and BMW have more tarmac blood than dirt. I see the commitment of KTM/Husqvarna in national outdoor motocross. No championships this year due to the Ryan Dungey injury. I was looking forward to a Dungey/Roczen battle this year.

Back to the subject of this thread, When I first saw that video, I got somewhat misty eyed seeing a modern rider like Graham Jarvis riding a vintage Husky in an almost trials environment
  19. suprize Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 400, bike in a box Moto Villa 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 300
    check Jarvis's latest (latest ive seen) vid "training 2016#2" some magic helmet cam
  20. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes they actually are, it is called MV Agusta, same people under a different name badge.