Anyone in/near North Carolina?

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by wadehouk, Oct 20, 2011.

1. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA
    Have you found any where to ride off road down there? My mom has a place in Calabash but I just assumed the off road riding would be limited and kinda boring.
  2. TrailBossAZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda GL1800A
    I've found nothing in the local area. Yep boring for off road riding in this area, have to travel to ride. Francis Marion National Forest has a OHV trails that have lots of sand and is almost a two hour drive. There are some commercial places that I have not tried yet.
  3. lumpy790 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 125CR 1985 500CR
    York SC here
  4. RockinRod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    79 GS850G, 99VFR800Fi , 04ST1300A
    Trail Boss,
    From where you are the closest, best riding is probably Uwharrie Nat. Forest... I'm about half way in Fayetteville area. We ride a couple of areas that are off limits ....military base....The Humvees couldn't catch us if they wanted to....Bad thing about flat lands.....hope you guys are dry and safe.......
  5. Philbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry, I haven't been on here in a while...I live in Locust and have a camp in the Uwharrie Nat'l Forest...I've been riding my '09 WR125 since 2009 but my first time there was on my street legal 1998 Yamaha WR400F. My profile pic was taken a while back at the top of Daniel. Good riding there if you know where and when to go...
  6. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I live between Marshall and Hot Springs in WNC, at the end of the road with access to Pisgah Nat Forest. Can host day rides if anyone is interested and not afraid of going around the gate :rolleyes:
    I haven't ridden anyplace else in almost 2 years! This month I get new tires on my F350 and going down state to ride and race. Looking to meet up at riding park, camp and races.

:cheers:
  7. RockinRod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    79 GS850G, 99VFR800Fi , 04ST1300A
    Guys,
    Anyone u p for MarchMotoMadness ? Up in Tellico Plains , Tenn. March 31- April 3 I've been there three or four times and its a great adventure....
  8. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA