Anyone in/near North Carolina?

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by wadehouk, Oct 20, 2011.

1. wadehouk Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm near Raleigh and just picked up my first dual sport bike. I'd love to connect with other people nearby who ride together.
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    What did you get? I'm in Matthews.
  3. wadehouk Husqvarna
    B Class

I was just in Concord at the Great Wolf Lodge :-). I got a Husky 2008 TE610. Was in the market for an XR, but a deal is a deal. What are you riding?
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    2011 TE 449. I'm pretty new to dual sport. Never saw myself riding a bike on the road. Always was a trail rider since 10 years old. But I'm liking the road more than I thought I would.
  5. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    I have the same bike,(610 08 ) you will love it. Its great for ds enjoy it. :thumbsup:
  6. wadehouk Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks. Do you have a tire recommendation?
  7. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    Wadehouk, tire choice is all about type of riding? Pirelli ,and Metzeler are great tires, both make 140/80/18 and 90/90/21 not many others make the size :confused:
  8. wadehouk Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks. I ordered the Dunlap 606 in a 130/90-18. I read somewhere that it was a popular choice and I wanted to get something on the bike so I could ride it. This is my first DS bike, so I'm really not sure how much street riding I'll do. Up until this point, I just ride off road with my three kids. Thanks ;-)
  9. Mikenc Husqvarna
    A Class

Great dual sport routes in Western NC to expolore. We typically stay in Cherokee, NC. In the past we have been on bigger adventure bikes there are great fire roads that cut through the mountains - we also try to hit a few more challenging routes like Hurricane Creek rd or parts of harmon den. The area is worth exploring. Here is a picture of my brother at a creek crossing at Harmon Den rd.
    [IMG]
    Another creek crossing that happens to be in eastern tennn but close to NC
    [IMG]
    I have some gps routes if you would like to pm me i would be happy to send them. They work good for general guidance but we always seem to spend half the day lost.
  10. wadehouk Husqvarna
    B Class

That looks like a blast. Do you guys ride with a group?
  11. Mikenc Husqvarna
    A Class

I typically ride dual sport with my brother. He lives in Florida so we do not ge out enough. I would be up for a road trip if we could get a few of us together.
  12. WbCherry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '09 TE310
    Burlington here.

Riding the TAT in April/mid-May if anyone's up for it...
  13. RockinRod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    79 GS850G, 99VFR800Fi , 04ST1300A
    Guys,
    I've bout worn out my saying this but I'm gettin my Terra today from Raleigh, Live in Fayetteville....a few of us guys whjo regularly ride street are getting into the ADV world.....looking forward to it and to meting other Husky riders....We got guys on XR,DR,Betas,Cagivas.....can't wait for Spring
    Rod
  14. L8Braker Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Hypermotard 1100 Evo SP
    Asheville Here
  15. ealdog Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    81 GS1100E, DR650, XT225
    I'm over in the Boone area prowling around on a 08 TE 610
  16. Trapperj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200 GS RALLY..KLR 650..Zrx 1200
    Knoxville TN..but I'd be up for a meet up somewhere in between...we have some great roads on off & in between too. I just added a Strada. I know it's not as dirt looking as the terra but with proper tires she will do fine.
  17. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    It looks like there are several Husky riders in the NC, NWNC, TN area.

If anyone is into camping, we could try to do a camping/meet up this summer at a location allowing us to do at least two days of good riding. There are campgrounds all over the TN/NC border area with
    lots of riding in the 4 corners of VA, TN, NC, and KY.........or even cheap motel it.

Let's keep the thread warm as Spring arrives and maybe get something planned.

I've been riding mainly solo for the last few years and I should really have someone along........
    especially with some of the "still" trails I seem to find every so often. Ha...............
    But then I came across a whole bunch of camera men and found myself in the middle of a taping of
    "Moonshiners"!
    Just kidding.

BTW, I wonder if Asheville BMW is going to still handle Huskys.
  18. Trapperj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200 GS RALLY..KLR 650..Zrx 1200
    Oh yeah...Justin @ Euroort Asheville knows a good thing when it slaps him in he face...lol they are selling TRs like hot cakes. They got the Moss thing down pat too. The shin dig for us TR guys sounds good to me..keep us all posted.
  19. marshwater Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TE449 (sold) '13 WB165
    Franklin, nc here. lots and lots of ds riding here and ne Georgia. heavy on the trail side. we should all get a weekend ride lined up. it would be great to ride with some more huskies opposed to all these damn ktm's!
  20. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    Well, the way it may go........we Husky riders will be riding a lot of KTM parts, wrapped in Husky colors, with Husaberg decals on the plastics. Ha.
    Man, I hope Pieffer gets all his stuff in one pile quickly so we know what direction things are going.

I do know the FE570 Berg, which was plated with the 70 degree engine in 09-11 I believe, was one great dual purpose.