Any Interest in a 630 Sidestand?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kenneth Webb, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
    I think I would rather try one as is and see how it sits before making any adjustments. Count me in.
  2. josem Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Put me in.
    Though i am a bit far away...in Madrid-Spain-Europe...we should consider shipping cost.
    I also hate the original sidestand.
  3. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Update: I can't give a cost yet as some of the work is still being priced, but I think the final number will be reasonable. I've taken the leap and ordered material and I will be able to make a few more, but not over 19 total this time. Anyone who wants in, let me know. I have a trip planned for the end of the month and when I return the work will begin. Hopefully I'll have final numbers to everyone by the end of next week.:)
    Huskyfly likes this.
  4. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Add me to list. Thanks!
  5. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Update for those waiting on sidestands. Machining is underway and all the other material is here waiting for me to return from Death Valley where I'll be riding for a couple of weeks. 'Can't confirm prices yet as I'm waiting on a few things. When I return I'll get right on it and begin making the stands. Sorry for the delay, but I gotta ride! :excuseme:
  6. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    SOUNDS GREAT!! I wish I could meet you in DV, I'm aching to go. BTW, there's a big DV ride at the end of March if your interested, 29, 30, 31. I'll be going that whole week but the offical rally will be Fri, Sat, Sun, base camp from Panamint Springs.

Now back to our regular programming.......

Oh yeah......can't wait for a proper sidestand! :D
  7. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's the group I probably should be riding with, but I waited too long and there is no more room at the inn for my truck and camper. I'm going to Death Valley Daze and I don't really have a handle on the group, except I'm thinking many are on KTM's etc. and like to burn up the road. I like to take it one notch down or so, but we'll see. At any rate I'll buzz around and see what I can in a week and a half, with or without riding partners. Would have liked to join in with you at the end of March! It's a long pull from Houston to DV and I there can only be one, trip that is.
  8. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    He just opened up 10 spots today for trucking in?? Check the site out!!
  9. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just posted over there that I want in, but I have to know today since I would have to change plans and not start heading for DV in the morning. Hopefully they can shoehorn me in and let me know so that I can make reservations for the week previous to the noobs ride too. Any strings you know to pull? I have all my gear stacked at the back door, ready to throw in the truck, but March sure sounds better!
  10. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Add me to your list, thanks
  11. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    You are in Rob. Just a few more remaining.
  12. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    That tip looks like it would be much more stable in soft ground. Please add me to the list, Kenneth.
  13. Mike C Husqvarna
    C Class

The problem I have with the orignal stand is when the bike is loaded it falls over on to the right or left depending on the grade, I mean the slightest grade. If the ground is not perfectly level the bike will actually fall over.

If your stand will cure this problem count me in.

Mike C
    Jan 28/12
  14. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's the problem, and the revised stand fixes it. You are listed.

Waiting on my machinist to finish and then I'll start putting stands together.
  15. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Is your stand made for bikes that are still stock height? The reason I ask is that mine's been lowered a couple inches and the foot of the stock stand doesn't sit flush with the ground. Would I be able to easily mod your stand if it doesn't sit flush? I don't have a welder btw.
    DSC00004.JPG
  16. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

The fix here would be for you to have an angled/wedged foot (or bigfoot even better) made out of polyprop that allows for the changed angle. At least yours is not too short. :)
  17. Burtieboy1200 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630 - Rally Raid
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 990R
    Hi, Just as an aside - where did you get the chain slider block form and what did it fit originally?

Burt
  18. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Perhaps the best thing for you would be to ship the foot loose and let you weld it there. An inch lower or higher on the suspension is probably not an issue, but two? Keep in mind that unless you always park on good pavement the "ground" is seldom precicely level.
  19. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Are you talking about the little axle pull handle? If so, it's an Enduro Engineering part; not sure of the exact part number.
  20. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    He might be talking about the BRP chain guide. I have the same one. It's the same model that fits the TE610.